UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Intra-Bristol route wanted please

Started by Paul Boyd · · Last activity · 2 posts · 362 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
22 November 2006
Last activity
22 November 2006
Original author
Paul Boyd
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
362
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Mike Jones said the following on 21/11/2006 20:40:

    Quoted message said:

    Mugger-free might be tricky, St Pauls or Easton?
    But the Bath-Bristol cyclepath goes in the right direction.

    St Pauls and Easton are no worse than many other areas of Bristol, but
    they suffer from being stereotyped. I was brought up in that area, and
    it was just a normal place to live. I'd be much more wary of Knowle
    West and Hartcliffe!

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  2. Paul Boyd said:

    Mike Jones said the following on 21/11/2006 20:40:

    Quoted message said:

    Mugger-free might be tricky, St Pauls or Easton?
    But the Bath-Bristol cyclepath goes in the right direction.

    St Pauls and Easton are no worse than many other areas of Bristol, but
    they suffer from being stereotyped. I was brought up in that area, and
    it was just a normal place to live. I'd be much more wary of Knowle
    West and Hartcliffe!


    Quite so. I did once go into the Friendship?! pub in the centre of
    Hartcliffe, there was a collection for a guy who'd been knifed there
    recently. I only went in on a quiet Sunday afternoon. (i.e. daylight).

    Back on Topic:
    Bike was still there when I left 8.5 minutes later!

    I used to drink in Easton regularly, but the Armoury Tavern looked less
    well-loved last time I went in about 5 (blige!) years ago.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.