Re: IRD Freewheels : Worth 3x the cost ??

Adam Kadlubek

Guest
On 19 Kwi, 06:35, Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Adam Kadlubek wrote:
>
> > Sugino XD 152mm length, 110 BCD with custom rings (61 TASpecialities,
> > 46 Shimano and 34 Stronglight). Long bolts to keep it all together.

> Perhaps you'd be better able to "gear down" with your legs (instead of
> an umpteen-speed cluster) if you used adult-sized cranks.

A switch to 17x mm cranks would only achieve me changing the cassette
from 12-24 to 11-21. On my uprights I use regular cranks, and still I
stay by my point - cornknob cassettes rock.

--
Adam Kadlubek

In article
<c3a7e2de-d028-41ce-a6a4-369ee9911e70@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
Adam Kadlubek <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 19 Kwi, 06:35, Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Adam Kadlubek wrote:
> >
> > > Sugino XD 152mm length, 110 BCD with custom rings (61 TASpecialities,
> > > 46 Shimano and 34 Stronglight). Long bolts to keep it all together.

> > Perhaps you'd be better able to "gear down" with your legs (instead of
> > an umpteen-speed cluster) if you used adult-sized cranks.

> A switch to 17x mm cranks would only achieve me changing the cassette
> from 12-24 to 11-21. On my uprights I use regular cranks, and still I
> stay by my point - cornknob cassettes rock.

I heartily concur.

--
Michael Press