Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: Iron man on NBC

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 448 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
2 May 2005
Last activity
2 May 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
448
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:07:06 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I saw that there would be two hours of coverage of an Iron Man on NBC,
    so, taking into account it was NBC, I checked it out. Rogers often has
    Iron man-world cup tri coverage, which is pretty decent. But after
    about half an hour of NBC, I barely saw any coverage of the race
    itself. Instead I saw:

    A profile of one of the athletes, firefighter and his braindead bimbo
    wife, talking about their WEDDING. And various interviews with her
    hairstylist friends in the salon on Long Island. It was like they were
    trying to show us how cute they all were, but instead they were just
    embarrassingly dumb and ridiculous, talking about a sport they totally
    knew NOTHING about. They all talked like the woman on Seinfeld who had
    the ugly baby.

    - more athlete profiles about overcoming the odds, ie handicaps,
    diseases, etc.

    -lots of bizarre new age music

    -shots of various cyclist's legs as they pedal. OR their heads. I
    think I saw a whole body maybe twice in an hour.

    -disco soundtrack

    -overwrought narration.

    I think for NBC, this is 'coverage'. I wasn't really surprised. Oy.

    Was Amy Fisher in the salon?


    LOL no, but there was a young woman who looked very much like her.

    I also found out later that the overwrought narrator was: AL TRAUTWIG!
    I knew his voice was familiar.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.