Re: Is it OK to work triceps and biceps first?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Blair P. Houghton, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. hoarse with no name <[email protected]> wrote:

    >When I first started lifting I was taught that one should work your
    >triceps and biceps at the end of a workout so that you could work your
    >back and chest to the fullest, without having to worry about
    >pre-exhausted arms stopping you too soon. I have always done this and my
    >upper arms have always seemed to lag behind the rest of my body. Is it
    >ok to work the upper arms first and will doing this help my upper arms
    >to catch up to the rest of my body?

    It probably will, because it will limit the intensity
    you can use for most of the later exercises, which will
    cause those exercises to be less effective for your other
    muscles.

    --Blair
    "And they might shrink."

    Tags:

  2. analogbass

    analogbass Guest

    Try doing bis and tris on a separate day, with full focus, and
    experiment, as mentioned above, with different versions of your workout
    until you find something that works. Also consider whether a protein
    supplement might help.