Re: Is RCN Outsourced to India or Something??

NYC XYZ

Guest
Many, many thanks.

Just seems more logical!

Though sometimes it's hard to decide...can't think of an example right
now, but I know there have been times, rare as they are, when using an
apostrophe would have been clearer somehow....

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Many, many thanks.
>
> Just seems more logical!
>
> Though sometimes it's hard to decide...can't think of an example right
> now, but I know there have been times, rare as they are, when using an
> apostrophe would have been clearer somehow....

Um, I remember now...like when you want to write the phrase "catching
some z's" (as in, catching up on sleep -- zzzzzz...), you can't really
write "catching some zs," you almost need the apostrophe, actually, to
help make it clear....

NYC XYZ wrote:

> Um, I remember now...like when you want to write the phrase "catching
> some z's" (as in, catching up on sleep -- zzzzzz...), you can't really
> write "catching some zs," you almost need the apostrophe, actually, to
> help make it clear....

My built-in (by my English teachers) dislike of misusing apostrophes has
me doing things like Zs, or 'z's (that's quote zed unquote ess, no
apostrophe!) in that sort of case, though I have no idea how correct or
otherwise that'd be.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK