Re: Is this a crack in the chainstay?

David L. Johnson

Guest
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:11:52 -0700, Joe LoBuglio wrote:

> I recently purchased a 1990 Trek 520. It is a lugged steel frame.

Sure hope you didn't pay too much for it.

> I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before.

Yep. Actually, since it is indented a bit, I imagine it might be a dent
or crease from some sort of accident, that has since cracked. A plain
crack would not be indented like that.

> If this is a crack, can it just be repaired or need the entire stay be
> replaced?

Yeah, but is it worth it?

--

David L. Johnson

__o | As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
_`\(,_ | certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to
(_)/ (_) | reality. -- Albert Einstein