Re: is this another misnamed newsgroup?

Gandolf Parker

Guest
On 6 Dec 2004, [email protected] (Bernadette Bosky) wrote:

>What if I AM shortening my life? I'm one of the few "fat" people who
>actually may be,

The vast majority of morbidly obese people are shortening their lives.

> because I have diabetes and right now my nutrition and
>fitness kinda suck. But so what? It's my choice.

You'll just expect for everyone to accomodate you after you go blind and
your limbs are amputated.

File photo of Bernadatte for everyone's amusement.

http://fanac.org/Other_Cons/International_Conference/i94-005.jpeg

Gandolf Parker wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2004, [email protected] (Bernadette Bosky) wrote:
>
>>What if I AM shortening my life? I'm one of the few "fat" people who
>>actually may be,

> The vast majority of morbidly obese people are shortening their lives.
>

>>because I have diabetes and right now my nutrition and
>>fitness kinda suck. But so what? It's my choice.

> You'll just expect for everyone to accomodate you after you go blind and
> your limbs are amputated.
>

> File photo of Bernadatte for everyone's amusement.
>
> http://fanac.org/Other_Cons/International_Conference/i94-005.jpeg

What is your problem Gandolf?

People who smoke, drink, play risky sports, work at demanding
occupations, spend too much time in the sun, etc., etc., all "shorten"
their lives. It is their choice, they know the risks and make their
decision. Who are you to judge another person, and why do you think that
you should? Why do you think that anybody else cares about your
discriminatory bias? Are you going to posts pix of other people who do
things that may shorten their lives "for everyone's amusement"?

Some diabetics don't leap immediately into a positive regime of blood
glucose and weight control, some take time to adapt. Every post, perhaps
made in frustration, is not a "carved in rock" indication of the
poster's future. People change, adapt, improve; particularly when
encouraged.

This is a group for support, support for people who are trying to lose
weight, not for censure or mockery of those who don't. Get a hobby.

David

--

To email me, please include the letters DNF anywhere in the subject line.

All other mail is automatically deleted.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:41:53 +1000, "J. David Anderson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Gandolf Parker wrote:
>
>> On 6 Dec 2004, [email protected] (Bernadette Bosky) wrote:
>>
>>>What if I AM shortening my life? I'm one of the few "fat" people
>>>who actually may be,

>> The vast majority of morbidly obese people are shortening their
>> lives.
>>

>>>because I have diabetes and right now my nutrition and
>>>fitness kinda suck. But so what? It's my choice.

>> You'll just expect for everyone to accomodate you after you go
>> blind and your limbs are amputated.
>>

>> File photo of Bernadatte for everyone's amusement.
>>
>> http://fanac.org/Other_Cons/International_Conference/i94-005.jpeg
>>

>What is your problem Gandolf?

Gandolf is not the one with the problem. It is the idiot
impersonating him.

>People who smoke, drink, play risky sports, work at demanding
>occupations, spend too much time in the sun, etc., etc., all
>"shorten" their lives. It is their choice, they know the risks and
>make their decision. Who are you to judge another person, and why
>do you think that you should? Why do you think that anybody else
>cares about your
>discriminatory bias? Are you going to posts pix of other people who
>do things that may shorten their lives "for everyone's amusement"?
>
>Some diabetics don't leap immediately into a positive regime of
>blood glucose and weight control, some take time to adapt. Every
>post, perhaps made in frustration, is not a "carved in rock"
>indication of the
>poster's future. People change, adapt, improve; particularly when
>encouraged.
>
>This is a group for support, support for people who are trying to
>lose weight, not for censure or mockery of those who don't. Get a
>hobby.
>
>David

er, no. SSFA is not for weight loss. Please qualify your statement.

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
People who hide behind anonymous remailers and
ridicule fat people are cowardly idiots with no
motive but malice.
"Be who you are and say what
you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."

- --Unknown
- -------------------------------

Lady Veteran wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:41:53 +1000, "J. David Anderson"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Gandolf Parker wrote:

>>>The vast majority of morbidly obese people are shortening their
>>>lives.

>>>You'll just expect for everyone to accomodate you after you go
>>>blind and your limbs are amputated.
>>>

>>>File photo of Bernadatte for everyone's amusement.
>>>
>>>http://fanac.org/Other_Cons/International_Conference/i94-005.jpeg
>>>

>>What is your problem Gandolf?

> Gandolf is not the one with the problem. It is the idiot
> impersonating him.

It is the name he is posting under, even if via an anonymising server.
It is the name I will use to address him. If anyone is in doubt as to
whom I am addressing, checking the reference id will make it clear.

>>People who smoke, drink, play risky sports, work at demanding
>>occupations, spend too much time in the sun, etc., etc., all
>>"shorten" their lives. It is their choice, they know the risks and
>>make their decision. Who are you to judge another person, and why
>>do you think that you should? Why do you think that anybody else
>>cares about your
>>discriminatory bias? Are you going to posts pix of other people who
>>do things that may shorten their lives "for everyone's amusement"?
>>
>>Some diabetics don't leap immediately into a positive regime of
>>blood glucose and weight control, some take time to adapt. Every
>>post, perhaps made in frustration, is not a "carved in rock"
>>indication of the
>>poster's future. People change, adapt, improve; particularly when
>>encouraged.
>>
>>This is a group for support, support for people who are trying to
>>lose weight, not for censure or mockery of those who don't. Get a
>>hobby.
>>
>>David

> er, no. SSFA is not for weight loss. Please qualify your statement.
>
> LV

No, I don't think that I need to qualify anything.

This was posted through several weight-loss and diabetic groups. My
interest in these groups is in weight loss and blood glucose control.
The woman he was mocking is an overweight diabetic. I have no interest
in SSFA.

Regards

David

--

To email me, please include the letters DNF anywhere in the subject line.

All other mail is automatically deleted.

since this is being cross posted to a bunch of unrelated newsgroups,
the subject line is misleading at best.

"J. David Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
<snip>

I noticed your complete silence regarding my recent post in another thread
so I am posting it here in case you missed it.

Phildo

news:[email protected]...

Phildo wrote:

http://www.google.com/[email protected]&rnum=30

Hi Phildo,

I read the entire set of posts in this URL. My position is you both are
right. Guy received an email with the From: as @phildo.net and you didn't
send it. It was forged by somebody that is angry at you (or Guy) and wants
to set you up.

This means that somebody, (say MU for the sake of argument), is having a
wonderful time at both your expenses.

If this is true, then you both are being played like a fiddle. FFT,
--
Jim Dumas
T1 4/86, background retinopathy, rarely hypoglycemic: <1/mo.