Re: Is this considered an off-road bike

landotter

Guest
On Feb 2, 6:54 pm, "Bob Newman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I know it's very basic but is a Trek Navigator considered an off-road bike?
>
> Thanks... Bob

It'll do smoothish dirt trails just fine, regardless of what you want
to call it. What sort of terrain do you want to attempt on one?

Niether. I'm looking to trade it for a lighter hybrid for around the city.
I wanted to describe it as an off-road bike but I didn't want to mislead
anyone.

Bob

news:[email protected]...

On Feb 2, 7:50 pm, "Bob Newman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Niether. I'm looking to trade it for a lighter hybrid for around the city.
> I wanted to describe it as an off-road bike but I didn't want to mislead
> anyone.
>
> Bob
>
> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > On Feb 2, 6:54 pm, "Bob Newman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I know it's very basic but is a Trek Navigator considered an off-road
> >> bike?

> >> Thanks... Bob

> > It'll do smoothish dirt trails just fine, regardless of what you want
> > to call it. What sort of terrain do you want to attempt on one?

I think "comfort bike" is the current meme. Or call it a hybrid.
People looking for true off road bikes won't be interested, but it's
certainly capable of a trail here or there.

Thanks... Bob