Re: Italy collects Basso-related blood bags

Dan Connelly

Guest
What I don't understand is: have folks forgotten how to test blood type? Since when is the only identifiable feature of blood a DNA sequence?

Even if he's O+, if he's not involved, there is a >60% chance of clearing him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

Surely his blood type is on record.

Dan

Dan Connelly wrote:
> What I don't understand is: have folks forgotten how to test blood
> type? Since when is the only identifiable feature of blood a DNA sequence?
>
> Even if he's O+, if he's not involved, there is a >60% chance of
> clearing him:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type
>
> Surely his blood type is on record.
>
> Dan

Supposing Basso does provide his DNA, would it be compared only to the
Birillo bags? Or to all the bags found in Fuentes's office? I'd expect
they'd test the Birillo bags first but if they didn't match they'd keep
on comparing until they either found a match or had tested every bag
available.

Geraard Spergen wrote:
> Supposing Basso does provide his DNA, would it be compared only to the
> Birillo bags? Or to all the bags found in Fuentes's office? I'd expect
> they'd test the Birillo bags first but if they didn't match they'd keep
> on comparing until they either found a match or had tested every bag
> available.

If they have an unlimited budget - these DNA tests aren't cheap and
the last I heard the Spanish lab was still waiting to be paid.