Re: Jan's hatred for Jews

In article <[email protected]>, Rich.@. wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:41:11 GMT, Orac <[email protected]> wrote:

> >So, the question remains, is there a significant strain of anti-Semitism
> >in the pro-alts who post here, or are they simply so completely suffused
> >with an "us against them" mentality that they cannot bring themselves to
> >speak ill of a fellow altie, no matter how reprehensible that altie's
> >statements are? I tend to think this is the alternative explanation.

> Let us hear from those who remain silent. I would like to believe your
> alternative explanation but I wonder. And with each passing day
> without explanation it becomes more worrisome. Antisemitism is on the
> rise in the world today. Much of it is being fueled by the Israeli
> Palestinian conflict and the Iraqi war. It is critical to speak out
> against antisemitism and ALL bigotry so that we do not again have a
> return of the genocides of the past.

I hope I'm not being too charitable in believing that the my explanation
is the reason why the alties here won't take their less enlightened
comrades to task when they start making bigoted and anti-Semitic
comments. Perhaps it is because I like to look for the best in people
until I see definitive evidence that I should not. However, I agree that
it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain this positive view in
the face of so much silence about the blatant anti-Semitism a few of the
alties here voice and in the face of some rather rabid defenses of one
of them.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
| inconvenience me with questions?"

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote ...........> I hope I'm not being too charitable
in believing that the my explanation
> is the reason why the alties here won't take their less enlightened
> comrades to task when they start making bigoted and anti-Semitic
> comments. Perhaps it is because I like to look for the best in people
> until I see definitive evidence that I should not. However, I agree that
> it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain this positive view in
> the face of so much silence about the blatant anti-Semitism a few of the
> alties here voice and in the face of some rather rabid defenses of one
> of them.
>
> --
> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> |
> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
> | inconvenience me with questions?"

Perhaps because at least three of them will deny the label when confronted.
Personally, I have not responded much in hopes that the threads will die
out.

carabelli