Re: Judge Judy sticks up for cyclist

Jay

Guest
"TREKRALEIGH" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p12x52UzJsc
>

> --
> TREKRALEIGH
> TREKRALEIGH's Profile:
> http://www.trianglecycling.com/member.php?userid=137
> View this thread: http://www.trianglecycling.com/showthread.php?t=26013

That was LOL - I think JJ got it right. The dog either was not on a leash at
all, or was on a leash which was known, by previous acknowledged bike
incidents, to be inadequate.

Dog owners need to keep their animals restrained, 100% of the time. And they
also need to understand: The whole world does not love their dog. In fact,
everyone else (outside their family) views their dog as a threat.

(the sound of a gavel is heard)

Case closed.

Judge J.

On Feb 1, 10:59 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dog owners need to keep their animals restrained, 100% of the time. And they
> also need to understand: The whole world does not love their dog. In fact,
> everyone else (outside their family) views their dog as a threat.

I'll say. I often go on long walks with my infant son in his stroller,
or bike rides with my older kids. When I hear an aggressive dog bark,
I immediately form a plan as to how I will go about killing the dog
should it attack us. Anything that promotes that sort of reaction in
basically a normal person (that being me for those in doubt...) is
certainly a threat, and surely quite at odds with how the keepers of
the dog see things.

I suspect most dog are not dangerous, and most dog keepers (even those
of dangerous dogs) probably keep them in a responsible manner, but how
do I know that? I don't gamble my life cheap, and certainly not that
of my children.

Joseph

[email protected] Joseph Santaniello wrote:
> On Feb 1, 10:59 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Dog owners need to keep their animals restrained, 100% of the time. And they
>> also need to understand: The whole world does not love their dog. In fact,
>> everyone else (outside their family) views their dog as a threat.

> I'll say. I often go on long walks with my infant son in his stroller,
> or bike rides with my older kids. When I hear an aggressive dog bark,
> I immediately form a plan as to how I will go about killing the dog
> should it attack us. Anything that promotes that sort of reaction in
> basically a normal person (that being me for those in doubt...) is
> certainly a threat, and surely quite at odds with how the keepers of
> the dog see things.
>
> I suspect most dog are not dangerous, and most dog keepers (even those
> of dangerous dogs) probably keep them in a responsible manner, but how
> do I know that? I don't gamble my life cheap, and certainly not that
> of my children.

Never forget that a dog is just a selectively bred wolf, and a crying
child invokes the predatory instinct.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

Jay Bollyn wrote:
> Dog owners need to keep their animals restrained, 100% of the time. And they
> also need to understand: The whole world does not love their dog. In fact,
> everyone else (outside their family) views their dog as a threat.

Then there was the dog that was so interested in chasing me, that he
(she?) failed to notice the pick-up coming the other direction. Quite a
mess to scrape off the road.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

On Feb 2, 4:38 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [email protected] Joseph Santaniello wrote:
> > On Feb 1, 10:59 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Dog owners need to keep their animals restrained, 100% of the time. Andthey
> >> also need to understand: The whole world does not love their dog. In fact,
> >> everyone else (outside their family) views their dog as a threat.

> > I'll say. I often go on long walks with my infant son in his stroller,
> > or bike rides with my older kids. When I hear an aggressive dog bark,
> > I immediately form a plan as to how I will go about killing the dog
> > should it attack us. Anything that promotes that sort of reaction in
> > basically a normal person (that being me for those in doubt...) is
> > certainly a threat, and surely quite at odds with how the keepers of
> > the dog see things.

> > I suspect most dog are not dangerous, and most dog keepers (even those
> > of dangerous dogs) probably keep them in a responsible manner, but how
> > do I know that? I don't gamble my life cheap, and certainly not that
> > of my children.

> Never forget that a dog is just a selectively bred wolf, and a crying
> child invokes the predatory instinct.

Thanks for calming me down ;-)

Joseph

[email protected] aka Joseph Santaniello wrote:
> On Feb 2, 4:38 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> [email protected] Joseph Santaniello wrote:

>>> I'll say. I often go on long walks with my infant son in his stroller,
>>> or bike rides with my older kids. When I hear an aggressive dog bark,
>>> I immediately form a plan as to how I will go about killing the dog
>>> should it attack us. Anything that promotes that sort of reaction in
>>> basically a normal person (that being me for those in doubt...) is
>>> certainly a threat, and surely quite at odds with how the keepers of
>>> the dog see things.

>>> I suspect most dog are not dangerous, and most dog keepers (even those
>>> of dangerous dogs) probably keep them in a responsible manner, but how
>>> do I know that? I don't gamble my life cheap, and certainly not that
>>> of my children.

>> Never forget that a dog is just a selectively bred wolf, and a crying
>> child invokes the predatory instinct.
>>

> Thanks for calming me down ;-)

Get a can of this to discourage the dogs:
<http://www.counterassault.com/Bear_Deterrent/body_counter_assault_bear_deterrent.html>.

A hardwood walking stick about 40 mm in diameter and about 1.6-1.8 m
long will work well against a dog that can not be discouraged by pepper
spray.

Tom Sherman wrote:

> A hardwood walking stick about 40 mm in diameter and about 1.6-1.8 m
> long will work well against a dog that can not be discouraged by pepper
> spray.

So does a .22 short vitamin.