General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Kenny B - blown turbo?

Started by Charlie Pendejo · · Last activity · 1 post · 142 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 May 2007
Last activity
23 May 2007
Original author
Charlie Pendejo
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
142
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Dan said:
    Quoted message said:

    About half way down this page is a video clip of what heatstroke
    can do to your running form:

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.letsrun.com/2007/worldscrosscountryrecap2425.php#Habtamu

    Thanks Dan. Actually I'd seen that - and I dig wejo's photo series
    (http://www.letsrun.com/2007/kenya/arles_gallery/index.html) from this
    Kenyan trip too, and good on him with his Bush family connections and
    all for deciding to go and cover World XC in Mombassa and visit the
    fabled Rift Valley despite the state department's terrorism warnings
    which apparently kept some of our athletes out.

    I also recommend the video to others - a dramatic illustration of
    "this is your brain... on heat".

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My take is that he damaged something in the race.

    Certainly my first association is Salazar: you (at least I) wonder how
    much of his longer term troubles had to do with some of those
    inhumanly tough races in the heat.

    Doug said:

    Probably but I also think this had a very negative psychological effect.
    I've had a [censored] race or two, but nothing compared Kenenisa Bekele,
    where it took me some time to get back to running long after my
    physical side had recovered. In addition Ethiopian's are very proud and
    don't like to lose and maybe losing to an Eritrean was salt in the
    wound.

    Yeah, interesting point. Additionally he lost in front of a mind-
    bogglingly enormous Kenyan home crowd who were more passionate about
    cheering against him than for their own guys.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.