Re: Kettlebell Class in Ridgewood, NJ, next week

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Seth Breidbart, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. In article <[email protected]>,
    Jason Earl <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is "expert instruction" really necessary.

    It's quite useful.

    > I mean, seriously, I am
    >planning on getting some instruction in the Olympic lifts, but the
    >kettlebell movements look pretty straightforward.

    They mostly are, but I got them slightly wrong anyway. You might be
    better.

    > Not to mention the
    >fact that one pood (love that name) isn't really all that heavy.

    So when they had me do a swing with a one pood, I did it in slow
    motion. (It's _supposed_ to be a ballistic exercise.) Obviously, I
    needed to switch to a heavier weight.

    > I could see getting a book, or perhaps attending a short class (too
    >bad Steve lives on the other side of the continent), but I would do
    >so more to get ideas as to how to structure my workout, not how to
    >swing a kettlebell.

    A short class (one hour to one day) should suffice. The video might
    be better than the book, because you can look at details.

    How to structure a workout you can get from a book or articles on the
    web.

    Seth
    --
    Who cares? Shut up and lift. -- Watson (the pencil neck) Davis