Re: "KILO" not "KIBO" in the head shop window.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Adam Funk, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. Adam Funk

    Adam Funk Guest

    On 2006-04-19, Susan <[email protected]> wrote:
    > That's the big problem with common names.
    >
    > There's 2 different Nasturtiums. There's the genus Nasturtium, in
    > Brassiceae -- a watercress (I've been looking for pictures of the
    > flower, and can't come up with a good one)
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasturtium_(scientific_name)

    Doh, I forgot about that.

    > And there's the "garden" Nasturtium -- the Genus Tropaeolum
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasturtium_(common_name)
    >
    > which is what comes up if you do a google Image search.

    That's the one I've been planting. The leaves are very tasty
    (peppery, I think) in sandwiches and salads. The flowers are also
    edible and nice but not as interesting as the leaves.

    They look nice in the garden and -- this may be a disadvantage if you
    want a really tidy garden -- self-seed very easily. (Last year I let
    some of the seeds fall and collected some to plant in pots this year.)

    Thanks for the information.