Re: Klein Reve V or Pilot 5.0

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Matt O'Toole, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Alan C. Acock wrote:

    > I'm 60, 5'10", and weight a little over 200 pounds. I have a early
    > Kline Quantum. It is light, strong, quick, and rigid--but I'm none of
    > these. My feet get numb and I ride over about 3,000-4,000 miles of
    > chip seal a year--the ever increasing road buzz is wearing me down.
    >
    > I love the quality of my Kline Quantum (know Trek now owns them) and
    > this attracts me the the Reve V. I like the idea of the Pilot 5.0 for
    > fighting buzz with carbon. I think both bikes can take a 28 width
    > tire and with about 90 pounds of pressure this would be a good buzz
    > absorber. I need real fenders (Oregon). I need a bicycle I can ride
    > centuries and still feel my feet.
    >
    > Which of these is better? Are there better alternatives?

    Try the fatter tires, and see how they work for you. You may be surprised. Get
    some fast ones though, like Avocets or Continentals. Also, some saddles with
    elastomer rail mounts, like the Turbomatic, are really good at killing road
    buzz. A Turbomatic saddle probably has at least as much vertical compliance and
    damping as one of these new soft tail frames.

    Matt O.