Re: Knee problems, conflicting diagnosis, MRI

nash wrote:
> She was a RVN/LVN nurse so knows all the
> little things to do at her age.
> Bill Baka
> ++++++++++++++
> And she knows what happens if you don't.
>
> Unfortunately starving happens alot in retirement homes like a last protest
> before death. suppose to be a painful way to go as your body eats itself.
> Happened to me in my 30's. My sister is a nurse's aide for a retirement
> home.
> Just shows you you cannot blame your parents for everything eh

My sister was doing in home care until she hurt her back at 67 trying to
move the inevitable 300 pound patient. She should have called for
backup. My mother just said it wasn't living if all she had to do was
wake up and ask for more pain medication and stay in bed all day. Sis
and I didn't argue her decision. She was on so many pain meds anyway I
doubt she noticed any discomfort near what the arthritis gave her.
Bill Baka
Kervorkian actually did perform a service.
The state mandating that you live beyond your own desire seems kind of
fascist in a way. Is that to prop up the federal funding?

Hello,

I ran into your message quite accidentally while researching about
some details on 'Arthritis' and thought of sharing some of my
findings. I've read at 'http://www.medical-health-care-information.com/
encyclopedia/A/Arthritis.asp' that Arthritis involves inflammation of
one or more joints and the breakdown of cartilage. Cartilage normally
protects the joint, allowing for smooth movement. Cartilage also
absorbs shock when pressure is placed on the joint, like when you walk
or otherwise bear weight. Without the usual amount of cartilage, the
bones rub together, causing pain, swelling, and stiffness.

You may have joint inflammation for a variety of reasons, including
Broken bone, Infection (usually caused by bacteria or viruses), An
autoimmune disease (the body attacks itself because the immune system
believes a body part is foreign), General "wear and tear" on
joints Rheumatoid arthritis (in adults), Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
(in children) etc.

Treatment of arthritis depends on the particular cause, which joints
are affected, severity, and how the condition affects your daily
activities. Your age and occupation will also be taken into
consideration when your doctor works with you to create a treatment
plan.

I hope the above is of some help to you as well.

Regards,
Monica

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:10:14 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>nash wrote:
>> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

I haven't been following this thread but I'd like to point out that I
have an orthopedist who makes all of his patients with joint issues
take Calcium Citrate, not Carbonate. I've been doing it for over a
year now and I definitely have less of a knee issue than I've had in
the past.

It's impossible to prove that it has any effect at all, but I just
thought that I'd mention it.

dgk wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:10:14 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> nash wrote:
>>> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

> I haven't been following this thread but I'd like to point out that I
> have an orthopedist who makes all of his patients with joint issues
> take Calcium Citrate, not Carbonate. I've been doing it for over a
> year now and I definitely have less of a knee issue than I've had in
> the past.
>
> It's impossible to prove that it has any effect at all, but I just
> thought that I'd mention it.

I think that is what Paul Harvey advertises as 'Citrical', just a way of
getting the Vitamin C along with the Calcium.
Bill Baka

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> dgk wrote:

>> I haven't been following this thread but I'd like to point out that I
>> have an orthopedist who makes all of his patients with joint issues
>> take Calcium Citrate, not Carbonate. I've been doing it for over a
>> year now and I definitely have less of a knee issue than I've had in
>> the past.
>>
>> It's impossible to prove that it has any effect at all, but I just
>> thought that I'd mention it.

> I think that is what Paul Harvey advertises as 'Citrical', just a way of
> getting the Vitamin C along with the Calcium.
> Bill Baka

The reason is you need the acid(ascorbic acid in Vit.C pills) to absorb the
Ca in the stomach like I said. That is why some doctors will tell you not
to eat tums because they do the reverse and you cannot get the calcium from
the tums anyway. Whether it is true or not it sure is a good gimmick,
Doctors cannot even decide. That is what all the fuss is about calcium in
everything you buy these days from being added to milk to stomach acid tabs.
But they cannot even decide so drug companies and researchers decide for
you. How are you suppose to know when you have enough stomach acid? I
donot know but probably some gets through.

About all this drug stuff. I have lived all my life in the city in a
flat, never had a garden. My girlfriend has lived all her youth in the
country side eating natural stuff. Even if she is 1 year older in
terms of health she is 10 years younger. I guess nothing compares to a
live in the air eating natural stuff.

Len
www.len.ro

nash wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> dgk wrote:

>>> I haven't been following this thread but I'd like to point out that I
>>> have an orthopedist who makes all of his patients with joint issues
>>> take Calcium Citrate, not Carbonate. I've been doing it for over a
>>> year now and I definitely have less of a knee issue than I've had in
>>> the past.
>>>
>>> It's impossible to prove that it has any effect at all, but I just
>>> thought that I'd mention it.

>> I think that is what Paul Harvey advertises as 'Citrical', just a way of
>> getting the Vitamin C along with the Calcium.
>> Bill Baka

> The reason is you need the acid(ascorbic acid in Vit.C pills) to absorb the
> Ca in the stomach like I said. That is why some doctors will tell you not
> to eat tums because they do the reverse and you cannot get the calcium from
> the tums anyway. Whether it is true or not it sure is a good gimmick,
> Doctors cannot even decide. That is what all the fuss is about calcium in
> everything you buy these days from being added to milk to stomach acid tabs.
> But they cannot even decide so drug companies and researchers decide for
> you. How are you suppose to know when you have enough stomach acid? I
> donot know but probably some gets through.

How I got into eating Tums was because a younger (54) friend of mine has
stomach problems and has them all over his house. When I go to visit and
usually work on his computer I munch about 5 a day. They are free, so
why not? I don't have any health problems and I figure I should get
enough Calcium out of them. There is an Orange tree in my back yard so
vitamin C is not a problem for me.
And to answer the big question, NO, I don't know if Citrate absorbs better.
Bill Baka