James Silverton' not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not said:"Emma Thackery" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Kraft is being sued because the drink Caprisun is/was allegedly labeled
"All Natural" despite that one of the main ingredients is high fructose
corn syrup. Apparently, products containing HFCS are not legally
entitled to carry the "all natural" label according to the complaint.
That would certainly make sense.This news item really grabbed my attention because I've had so many
problems with gluten in Kraft products that were allegedly wheat free.
Companies that run fast and loose in one area tend to abuse the
consumers' trust in other areas as well.For my own education, what's unnatural about high fructose corn syrup?
Isn't corn a natural product?
It's not that corn is not a natural product, but that high fructose corn
syrup is not because of the industrial chemical process used to make it. I'm
not sure of the transformation that they do (starch to sugar, or one type of
sugar to another), but personally I would say it crosses the line from plain
old cooking into chemical processing. That's why some don't consider it
natural.
--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net