Re: Lance Armstrong interview in Playboy from before the Tour

Dally

Guest
Hobbes wrote:

> I doubt that was the case here. It sounds like Armstrong was carving a
> blind corner. Even so, to be *****ing about your truck when the other
> guy has a broken C7 is pretty screwed up.

I would agree with that. Of course, the guy didn't know Lance's
diagnosis at the moment, all he knew was that some cyclist just ran into
him. His anger doesn't sound particularly "French" to me.

So how come am I defending the French and blasting LA? I must be in a
contrary mood today.

Dally

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:57:53 -0400, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hobbes wrote:
>>
>> I doubt that was the case here. It sounds like Armstrong was carving a
>> blind corner. Even so, to be *****ing about your truck when the other
>> guy has a broken C7 is pretty screwed up.

>I would agree with that. Of course, the guy didn't know Lance's
>diagnosis at the moment, all he knew was that some cyclist just ran into
>him. His anger doesn't sound particularly "French" to me.
>
>So how come am I defending the French and blasting LA? I must be in a
>contrary mood today.

Now that would be unusual!! ;o)

"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:57:53 -0400, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hobbes wrote:
> >>
> >> I doubt that was the case here. It sounds like Armstrong was carving a
> >> blind corner. Even so, to be *****ing about your truck when the other
> >> guy has a broken C7 is pretty screwed up.

> >I would agree with that. Of course, the guy didn't know Lance's
> >diagnosis at the moment, all he knew was that some cyclist just ran into
> >him. His anger doesn't sound particularly "French" to me.
> >
> >So how come am I defending the French and blasting LA? I must be in a
> >contrary mood today.

> Now that would be unusual!! ;o)

But don't you think she is cute when she is being contrary?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:00:32 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>> >I would agree with that. Of course, the guy didn't know Lance's
>> >diagnosis at the moment, all he knew was that some cyclist just ran into
>> >him. His anger doesn't sound particularly "French" to me.
>> >
>> >So how come am I defending the French and blasting LA? I must be in a
>> >contrary mood today.

>> Now that would be unusual!! ;o)

>But don't you think she is cute when she is being contrary?

She's a tad 'lumpy' for my own personal taste, and I've tried treating
her with courtesy and sympathy/empathy, which met with hostility, so
she can go and get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.

You will know I'm not really into feminism and political correctness!!
;o)

"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:00:32 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> >"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

other

into

> >> Now that would be unusual!! ;o)

> >But don't you think she is cute when she is being contrary?

> She's a tad 'lumpy' for my own personal taste, and I've tried treating
> her with courtesy and sympathy/empathy, which met with hostility, so
> she can go and get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.
>
> You will know I'm not really into feminism and political correctness!!
> ;o)

So I take it that 'cute' is a bit of a stretch in her case?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:54:37 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:00:32 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>other

>into

>> >But don't you think she is cute when she is being contrary?

>> She's a tad 'lumpy' for my own personal taste, and I've tried treating
>> her with courtesy and sympathy/empathy, which met with hostility, so
>> she can go and get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>> You will know I'm not really into feminism and political correctness!!
>> ;o)

>So I take it that 'cute' is a bit of a stretch in her case?

mmmm..... (_|_) WOW!! ;o)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:19:56 +0100, Charles <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:54:37 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>other

>>into

>>> She's a tad 'lumpy' for my own personal taste, and I've tried treating
>>> her with courtesy and sympathy/empathy, which met with hostility, so
>>> she can go and get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.
>>>
>>> You will know I'm not really into feminism and political correctness!!
>>> ;o)

>>So I take it that 'cute' is a bit of a stretch in her case?

>mmmm..... (_|_) WOW!! ;o)

I think I meant:

(____|____) WOW!! ;o)

"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:19:56 +0100, Charles <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:54:37 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >

> >>"Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...

carving
> >>other

ran
> >>into

in a

> >>So I take it that 'cute' is a bit of a stretch in her case?

> >mmmm..... (_|_) WOW!! ;o)

> I think I meant:
>

> (____|____) WOW!! ;o)

My thoughts exactly

In article <[email protected]>, Dally <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hobbes wrote:
> >
> > I doubt that was the case here. It sounds like Armstrong was carving a
> > blind corner. Even so, to be *****ing about your truck when the other
> > guy has a broken C7 is pretty screwed up.

> I would agree with that. Of course, the guy didn't know Lance's
> diagnosis at the moment, all he knew was that some cyclist just ran into
> him. His anger doesn't sound particularly "French" to me.
>
> So how come am I defending the French and blasting LA? I must be in a
> contrary mood today.

Today?

:^)

Yeah, he didn't know LA had a broken neck. But jeez - a guy on a bike
just got mashed on his truck. Whose gonna win.

Bike <---> Truck

I might give the guy shot for almost killing himself by being so
reckless. But I don't think I'd be too worried about a dent in my
delivery truck.

--
Keith