Re: Last night's ride

Mark Leuck

Guest
"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Rode my Tour Easy to the neighboring town of Battleground, Indiana for
> the final day of the anual Fiddler's Gathering & visited friends
> afterwords, making the 12 mile or so tr4ip hope after dark. Traffic
> was almost non-existant, and one particularly dark stretch had tall
> conifers right up against the road so full of fireflys it was like
> riding through christmas trees!
>
> I was laughing out loud when one of the millions of fireflys somehow
> fell behind my glasses. This must have been distressing to the
> creature because his light just stayed on the whole time until he
> escaped.
>
> Best laugh-out-loud ride of the season so far!
>
> Mike

Just out of curiosity how's the general traffic along North River Road from
W Lafayette? I may do that area late this summer

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:03:31 -0500, "Mark Leuck"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Just out of curiosity how's the general traffic along North River Road

from
> >W Lafayette? I may do that area late this summer
> >

> Depends on time of day and what's going on at Pudue, generally a
> fairly heavily traveled road with not much for shoulders. There are a
> number of nice alternatives, where are you thinking of riding?
>
> Mike

Not sure yet, last year I rode a 100 mile Covington/Pine
Village/Oxford/Otterbein/W Lafayette/Attica loop and wanted to expand it. My
brother lived near Battleground at one time and I once lived on Soldiers
Home road so.......

Just thinking of routes and for some reason I always liked that road