Re: Late start + epic ride = 8pm finish

Bonk, my way to not is pasta before ride and water /
trailmix during ride. Tried this after my 2nd race. When I bonked so
bad once I finished 7th I couldn't move like I was on drugs. I don't
race anymore retired after taking 1st place in 03.

[email protected] wrote:
> Bonk, my way to not is pasta before ride and water /
> trailmix during ride.

Yep, I think I was running on more food than JD so he amazed me. The
bonking was a little worrisome because I was getting pretty wobbly, it
was very dark, and the trail was less than a foot wide in places with
some big vertical drops on the side.

It was pretty trippy because our vision ranged from absolutely pitch
black in some of the tunnels to pretty decent on the white dirt parts of
the trail. I lost count of the times I crashed into the wall on the
upside of the trail, and my lower legs are raw from scraping the rocks
when I did so.

Greg

[email protected] wrote:
> Bonk, my way to not is pasta before ride and water /
> trailmix during ride. Tried this after my 2nd race. When I bonked so
> bad once I finished 7th I couldn't move like I was on drugs. I don't
> race anymore retired after taking 1st place in 03.

I had a good breakfast before leaving my place and one powerbar on the
trail. I don't bonk very often and this one wasn't that bad except
that it was causing a bit of a lack of coordination where coordination
was truly paramount. I did run out of water about a half an hour out,
but that was a non-issue because I had not rationed my water and was
not very dehydrated after all was said and done.

JD