Re: Late start + epic ride = 8pm finish

CP_1

Guest
I agree that's a beautiful shot of the sunset and city below.

Nice job, Greg!!

--

CP

CP_1 wrote:
> I agree that's a beautiful shot of the sunset and city below.
>
> Nice job, Greg!!

nothing like smog inspired sunsets...

small change wrote:
> CP_1 wrote:
> > I agree that's a beautiful shot of the sunset and city below.
> >
> > Nice job, Greg!!

> nothing like smog inspired sunsets...

You can take your foot out of your mouth now, Penny. There has been a
Santa Ana condition here for the last few days and from the top we
could see for miles and miles, including an unfettered view of
Catalina. The Sun was setting West of where we were and out of the LA
Basin and San Fernando Valley. If we had been a little higher up, we
would have been able to see the other Channel Islands as well.

JD

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> CP_1 wrote:
> > I agree that's a beautiful shot of the sunset and city below.
> >
> > Nice job, Greg!!

> nothing like smog inspired sunsets...

It actually doesn't get much less smoggier than this. We easily had 80
miles of visibility before a little cloud cover came in.

Greg

JD wrote:

There has been a
> Santa Ana condition here for the last few days and from the top we
> could see for miles and miles, including an unfettered view of
> Catalina. The Sun was setting West of where we were and out of the LA
> Basin and San Fernando Valley. If we had been a little higher up, we
> would have been able to see the other Channel Islands as well.
>
> JD

The sunset and view last night was mind boggling
http://www.pbase.com/slack/sunsets
_____
Slack

Slack wrote:
> JD wrote:
>
> There has been a
> > Santa Ana condition here for the last few days and from the top we
> > could see for miles and miles, including an unfettered view of
> > Catalina. The Sun was setting West of where we were and out of the LA
> > Basin and San Fernando Valley. If we had been a little higher up, we
> > would have been able to see the other Channel Islands as well.
> >
> > JD
> >

> The sunset and view last night was mind boggling
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/sunsets
> _____
> Slack

What are you, one of those Palos Nerdes?

JD nice shots for a freerider

JD wrote:
> Slack wrote:
>> JD wrote:
>>
>> There has been a
>>> Santa Ana condition here for the last few days and from the top we
>>> could see for miles and miles, including an unfettered view of
>>> Catalina. The Sun was setting West of where we were and out of the
>>> LA Basin and San Fernando Valley. If we had been a little higher
>>> up, we would have been able to see the other Channel Islands as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> JD
>>>

>> The sunset and view last night was mind boggling
>> http://www.pbase.com/slack/sunsets
>> _____
>> Slack

thanks for the new wallpaper, slack!!

small change wrote:

>>Slack wrote:
>>

>>>The sunset and view last night was mind boggling
>>>http://www.pbase.com/slack/sunsets
>>>_____
>>>Slack

> thanks for the new wallpaper, slack!!

No problem :) I'm still going thru the other 100+ pix I took last
night, so I might have some more keepers.
_____
Slack

JD wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>
>>JD wrote:
>>
>> There has been a
>>
>>>Santa Ana condition here for the last few days and from the top we
>>>could see for miles and miles, including an unfettered view of
>>>Catalina. The Sun was setting West of where we were and out of the LA
>>>Basin and San Fernando Valley. If we had been a little higher up, we
>>>would have been able to see the other Channel Islands as well.
>>>
>>>JD
>>>

>>The sunset and view last night was mind boggling
>>http://www.pbase.com/slack/sunsets
>>_____
>>Slack

> What are you, one of those Palos Nerdes?
>
> JD nice shots for a freerider

Naw, I'm in the barrio of San Pedro, but I occasional have to raid the
rich neighborhoods.

Thanks.... hey, who you calling a freerider; those lift tickets are
$20+, not to mention gas!
_____
Slack

Slack wrote:

> Naw, I'm in the barrio of San Pedro, but I occasional have to raid the
> rich neighborhoods.

I saw that on Frappr, I thought you were closer to the OC. Kimberly's
from Pedro, ever ride the Portugese Bend stuff?

Greg

G.T. wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>

>> Naw, I'm in the barrio of San Pedro, but I occasional have to raid the
>> rich neighborhoods.
>>

> I saw that on Frappr, I thought you were closer to the OC. Kimberly's
> from Pedro, ever ride the Portugese Bend stuff?
>
> Greg

Used to live in HB, but been in San Pepe for about the last 6 years.

Yep, Del Cerro, that's one of the first places rode when I starting
mtb'ing. There's nothing epic to ride, but there is some fun stuff, and
you can't beat the view.
_____
Slack

Slack wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>> Slack wrote:
>>

>>> Naw, I'm in the barrio of San Pedro, but I occasional have to raid
>>> the rich neighborhoods.
>>>

>> I saw that on Frappr, I thought you were closer to the OC. Kimberly's
>> from Pedro, ever ride the Portugese Bend stuff?
>>
>> Greg

> Used to live in HB, but been in San Pepe for about the last 6 years.
>
> Yep, Del Cerro, that's one of the first places rode when I starting
> mtb'ing. There's nothing epic to ride, but there is some fun stuff, and
> you can't beat the view.

Yep, we did a couple of hikes in the area before she moved north. I had
planned on bringing my bike down to do a ride over there but never got
around to it. Post-ride beers at the San Pedro Brewing Co would be cool.

Greg