Re: Late start + epic ride = 8pm finish

G.T.

Guest
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>>http://www.ronbigelow.com/trails/condor/121-2101_CRW_8_NNNN_A_100_1.psd.jpg
>>

>>http://www.ronbigelow.com/trails/condor/condor_3.htm

> I think you posted the thumbnails, not the real pics ;) j/k
>
> Have any larger versions?

If you mean the above I should have been clearer. Those I found with a
little Googling and posted for reference. It was much darker than that
for us so we didn't take any pictures in that area other than the
sunset. It's too bad we were in such a rush because that section was a
series of 4 or 5 steep 400 ft gain hike-a-bikes across some small peaks
with some nice steep drops on the downside. Most of the trails in the
San Gabriels contour around the sides of the mountains but this was one
of the rare ones that just went straight up and down the ridge top. The
ups hurt but it was fun to ride these rare steep, get your ass behind
the saddle sandy downhills.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> > G.T. wrote:
> >
> >>http://www.ronbigelow.com/trails/condor/121-2101_CRW_8_NNNN_A_100_1.psd.jpg
> >>

> >>http://www.ronbigelow.com/trails/condor/condor_3.htm

> > I think you posted the thumbnails, not the real pics ;) j/k
> >
> > Have any larger versions?
> >

> If you mean the above I should have been clearer. Those I found with a
> little Googling and posted for reference. It was much darker than that
> for us so we didn't take any pictures in that area other than the
> sunset. It's too bad we were in such a rush because that section was a
> series of 4 or 5 steep 400 ft gain hike-a-bikes across some small peaks
> with some nice steep drops on the downside. Most of the trails in the
> San Gabriels contour around the sides of the mountains but this was one
> of the rare ones that just went straight up and down the ridge top. The
> ups hurt but it was fun to ride these rare steep, get your ass behind
> the saddle sandy downhills.
>
> Greg

Those steeps reminded me of FOI, except they were a little more loose
and had more babyheads.

JD