Re: Latin graffiti on Cleveland Way

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by forlorn hope, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. forlorn hope

    forlorn hope Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message > Is the inscription on a rock
    at SE 536 032 (Cleveland Way) I think it
    > reads Tempus Exploroomais Negotium, `time solves all problems' and may
    > have been done by some of the Jet miners of old.

    Hi Rob and Dave
    Thanks for your replies. After magnifying the phrase I think that word
    might be 'explano' (explains) so Tempus explano omnis negotium' would mean
    what you say above, 'time explains (or solves) all problems.' There is a
    reference to it in a site mentioned in the old thread Dave gives. (
    http://www.nymstones.uku.co.uk/index.html)
    Those jet miners must have been well educated to come up with graffiti like
    that!
    Thanks again
    Huw
    --