Re: Latin graffiti on Cleveland Way

forlorn hope

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote in message > Is the inscription on a rock
at SE 536 032 (Cleveland Way) I think it
> reads Tempus Exploroomais Negotium, `time solves all problems' and may
> have been done by some of the Jet miners of old.

Hi Rob and Dave
Thanks for your replies. After magnifying the phrase I think that word
might be 'explano' (explains) so Tempus explano omnis negotium' would mean
what you say above, 'time explains (or solves) all problems.' There is a
reference to it in a site mentioned in the old thread Dave gives. (
http://www.nymstones.uku.co.uk/index.html)
Those jet miners must have been well educated to come up with graffiti like
that!
Thanks again
Huw
--