Re: Leather Saddle Repair?

Werehatrack

Guest
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:56:08 -0400, Steve Sr. <[email protected]>
wrote:

>My Lepper Voyager saddle has failed after only a little over 3 years
>and about 10K miles. The 3 rivets at the nose of the saddle have
>sheared off but the leather is still intact. The two outside (out of
>5) rivets at the rear of the saddle are also showing signs of
>corrosion.

Look in your local yellow pages for anyplace that sells tack and
saddles, and give them a call to find out if they, or someone they
know, does basic saddle and harness work. Anybody that does that type
of thing can replace those rivets. Failing that, check for a luggage
repair place; they also can replace rivets easily. If that proves
fruitless, try a tent and awning shop. Presumably you'd rather avoid
the ugly appearance and protruding flange that you would get by using
pop rivets, but as a last resort they would most likely serve well
enough.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.