Re: Leather Saddle Repair?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Werehatrack, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:56:08 -0400, Steve Sr. <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >My Lepper Voyager saddle has failed after only a little over 3 years
    >and about 10K miles. The 3 rivets at the nose of the saddle have
    >sheared off but the leather is still intact. The two outside (out of
    >5) rivets at the rear of the saddle are also showing signs of
    >corrosion.

    Look in your local yellow pages for anyplace that sells tack and
    saddles, and give them a call to find out if they, or someone they
    know, does basic saddle and harness work. Anybody that does that type
    of thing can replace those rivets. Failing that, check for a luggage
    repair place; they also can replace rivets easily. If that proves
    fruitless, try a tent and awning shop. Presumably you'd rather avoid
    the ugly appearance and protruding flange that you would get by using
    pop rivets, but as a last resort they would most likely serve well
    enough.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.