Re: Leftover soup tonight - pix

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by limey, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. limey

    limey Guest

    "modom" wrote

    > http://i1.tinypic.com/of1slw.jpg

    Good grief, modom, I cannot believe the slams you have received from the
    "critics/experts". I enjoy looking at your pictures and don't give a darn
    if the food is on a red plate, or has left stray drips on the plate rims, or
    if the pictures aren't "just right".
    As far as I'm concerned, you're to be admired - you work hard but still come
    home and cook and D works late but still pitches in. Keep those pictures
    coming, please.

    Dora

    Tags:

  2. limey wrote:
    > "modom" wrote
    >

    >>http://i1.tinypic.com/of1slw.jpg
    >>

    > Good grief, modom, I cannot believe the slams you have received from the
    > "critics/experts". I enjoy looking at your pictures and don't give a darn
    > if the food is on a red plate, or has left stray drips on the plate rims, or
    > if the pictures aren't "just right".
    > As far as I'm concerned, you're to be admired - you work hard but still come
    > home and cook and D works late but still pitches in. Keep those pictures
    > coming, please.
    >
    > Dora

    I agree completely. The pictures may not be ready for bon appetit, but
    the food looks good to me.

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  3. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "limey" <[email protected]> wrote

    > "modom" wrote
    >
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/of1slw.jpg

    > Good grief, modom, I cannot believe the slams you have received from the
    > "critics/experts". I enjoy looking at your pictures and don't give a darn
    > if the food is on a red plate, or has left stray drips on the plate rims,
    > or if the pictures aren't "just right".
    > As far as I'm concerned, you're to be admired - you work hard but still
    > come home and cook and D works late but still pitches in. Keep those
    > pictures coming, please.

    He's remarkably good natured about it, isn't he?

    nancy

  4. modom

    modom Guest

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:26:27 -0500, "Nancy Young"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"limey" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >> "modom" wrote
    >>
    >>> http://i1.tinypic.com/of1slw.jpg

    >> Good grief, modom, I cannot believe the slams you have received from the
    >> "critics/experts". I enjoy looking at your pictures and don't give a darn
    >> if the food is on a red plate, or has left stray drips on the plate rims,
    >> or if the pictures aren't "just right".
    >> As far as I'm concerned, you're to be admired - you work hard but still
    >> come home and cook and D works late but still pitches in. Keep those
    >> pictures coming, please.

    >He's remarkably good natured about it, isn't he?
    >
    >nancy

    Not really.
    --
    modom

    "My baby's got no clothes
    'Cause she's makin' chicken soup."

    -- Chuck E. Weiss

  5. modom

    modom Guest

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:20:58 -0500, "limey" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"modom" wrote
    >
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/of1slw.jpg
    >>

    >Good grief, modom, I cannot believe the slams you have received from the
    >"critics/experts". I enjoy looking at your pictures and don't give a darn
    >if the food is on a red plate, or has left stray drips on the plate rims, or
    >if the pictures aren't "just right".
    >As far as I'm concerned, you're to be admired - you work hard but still come
    >home and cook and D works late but still pitches in. Keep those pictures
    >coming, please.
    >
    >Dora

    It really did get pretty absurd yesterday. I posted a boring picture
    tonight, unfortunately. The chuckleheads will soon thunder in for
    more carping.

    Hmmm, carp-eating chuckleheads...it's just stupid enough that it might
    work.
    --

  6. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:31:24 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It really did get pretty absurd yesterday. I posted a boring picture
    >tonight, unfortunately. The chuckleheads will soon thunder in for
    >more carping.

    I have a suggestion for all the complainers: post your own dinner
    pics, and see if you can do better!

    And then, all of us enjoying Mike's dinner pics, can critique yours!

    Christine

  7. Christine Dabney wrote on 23 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:31:24 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >It really did get pretty absurd yesterday. I posted a boring picture
    > >tonight, unfortunately. The chuckleheads will soon thunder in for
    > >more carping.

    > I have a suggestion for all the complainers: post your own dinner
    > pics, and see if you can do better!
    >
    > And then, all of us enjoying Mike's dinner pics, can critique yours!
    >
    > Christine

    In this case most of his taste is in his mouth....err plate.

    --
    -Alan

  8. jay

    jay Guest

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:43:37 -0800, Christine Dabney wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:31:24 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > I have a suggestion for all the complainers: post your own dinner
    > pics, and see if you can do better!
    >
    > And then, all of us enjoying Mike's dinner pics, can critique yours!
    >
    > Christine

    This group is for discussing food related topics. If you post, discussion
    will happen. Some prefer to scurry around and pucker for each other. Others
    will discuss food related topics, pro and CON. BTW most anyone can do
    better..maybe even you.