Re: leg pain when running

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Christopher Smith, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:34:48 +0000, fell runner wrote:

    > got a real problem, when running approx 5 minutes into running left leg
    > seems to start aching real bad just seems to feel like something thing
    > is squeezing top of my leg and bottom of my leg is swelling,been to
    > physio's they seem to think piriformis muscle is going into spasm tried
    > figure of four release but no joy ,any ideas

    Does the pain stop? Are you running on a sloped road? Do you warm up
    first before steady running? How long have you been running? Which brand
    shoes are you wearing? What surface are you running on? Do you run in the
    am, just after rising? Are you wearing running tights? How old are you?
    Does the pain stop when you stop running? Sorry for the flurry of
    questions. I just need some more info to see if I can help point you in
    the right direction. Feel free to email me if you like. Good Luck