Re: LeMond's testimony is virtually meaningless.

Dan Connelly

> True ... but the incident does seem to quash the argument of "why
> would Floyd be so stupid to take something (that supposedly wouldn't
> affect his 1 day performance) knowing he would be tested"
>
> If anything ... this indicent shows that even a modicum of
> intelligence can't be assumed.

Simple answer: because testosterone does help.

Any reference that letting your testosterone drop to levels characteristic of post-menopausal women, something which can happen from extreme fatigue, is not detrimental to athletic performance? I keep reading this argument, and never see it backed up.

Dan

On May 18, 2:30 pm, Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m>
wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > True ... but the incident does seem to quash the argument of "why
> > would Floyd be so stupid to take something (that supposedly wouldn't
> > affect his 1 day performance) knowing he would be tested"

> > If anything ... this indicent shows that even a modicum of
> > intelligence can't be assumed.

> Simple answer: because testosterone does help.
>
> Any reference that letting your testosterone drop to levels characteristic of post-menopausal women, something which can happen from extreme fatigue, is not detrimental to athletic performance? I keep reading this argument, and never see it backed up.
>
> Dan

This is just one more result of the screwed up drug testing system. If
the actual te ratios for every rider tested were published, no rider
would continue to use testerone patches. Reports would indicate that
flandis had a number of sub-positive high te ratios along with
countless others.