rec.sport.unicycling ยท Public discussion

Re: Let's here it from the "old" folks!

Started by billham ยท ยท Last activity ยท 1 post ยท 255 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
19 May 2005
Last activity
19 May 2005
Original author
billham
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
255
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. unidaddy said:

    *wow....now billham's pretty sensitive about being called old...how
    things change!๐Ÿ˜„ --unidaddy *

    Back off on the "old jokes" unidaddy. Who's sensitive, me? Never. To
    be honest, I was thinking of shaving off my beard to get rid of all that
    gray. Hardly any gray in my hair, it's all in my beard.

    I'll bump into 49 this June and am getting better all the time. Getting
    comfortable with wheel walking (but not mastered yet) and just 2 days
    ago I was pulling off rolling hop with a 180 over a 6" obstacle. One of
    the teens in our uni club inspired me when he did the same move.

    Part of the fun of this sport is having all the old farts doing it too,
    the comraderie. But at the same time we can ride with kids of all ages
    and have fun with them. Great intergenerational sport.

    A recent highlight for me was a few weeks back when I did a side hop of
    about 36" - 40" across a drainage grate in a parking lot. A few teens
    challenged me to do it and I did! One of my better efforts at gapping.
    I got a verbal "wow" from several of the teens. I can't do many things
    at my age to get that kind of response from kids. I love it!

    Bill

    --
    billham - LEVEL 4
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/29502

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.