Re: Light & Motion Vega or Solo

Never Enough Money

Guest
Here's a reply I got from Light & Motion customer service:

The real deciding factor is the riding conditions. The Vega has been
very
popular among road riders who ride in groups, and have good roads. On
the
other hand, if you are riding alone on roads that are rough and uneven,
then
you might consider the higher output of the Solo's. The name Solo
refers to
out Halogen line of lights, of which there are 3. The first is the
Solo
which retails for $129. This light weighs 600g, has one power
setting,
which will burn for 2 hours, and comes with an 8-10 hour trickle
charger.

The next step up is the Solo Logic MV. These upgrades you to the logic
head, which has 3 power settings that allow you to vary your light
output .
This will give you a maximum run time of 4 hours. otherwise its the
same as
the solo. Retail price $189

The next step up the line is the Solo Logic Cub. This uses the same
head
as the Solo Logic MV, but upgrades you to a Li-Ion battery, which will
give
you nearly the same burn time, at half the weight. Also, this model
comes
with a Turbo charger, which will charge your battery in about 2 hours.
This
charger also allows you to leave the battery plugged in indefinitely,
which
will keep the battery topped off, and not allow it to overcharge.
This is
a big upgrade in terms of extending your battery life.