Re: Litespeed Pricing on Current Year (2005) Models - Any Discounts Available?

Wannagofast

Guest
Profit percent on most frame is 30 to 33% of the retail price.

For Litespeed this seems to be 50%. So plenty of room to negotiate
especially since parts have a 50% profit in them as well.

"Steve Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:05:43 -0400, Steve Sr. <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I am in the market for a new road bike and it will probably be a
> >Litespeed. I would like to go with a LBS but am wondering if they
> >compete on pricing or does everyone pay list price?
> >
> >I am having an issue with one local dealer who can't seem to come up
> >with a price. One person was quoting less than list but before he
> >could confirm it left for a week. Now his supervisor is back to
> >quoting list price and also screwed up the pricing on the current
> >wheels promotion so I'm not sure he knows which end is up either.
> >
> >I did stumble across one web site (competitivecyclist.com) which
> >seemed to indicate that there was considerable wiggle room down from
> >the list price. Does anybody have any experience with these folks or
> >could suggest others?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Steve

> Thanks everyone for your input. It looks like I will be doing business
> with my LBS. They finally got enough heads together and came off list
> by about 6.3% plus the purchase is still eligible for the yearly 10%
> dividend. Yes, it is an REI and they do carry Litespeed.
>
> Steve

Geee, any self respecting retail owner will tell you that to stay in
biz, just keep the lights on and pay yourself a self-loathing $20,000
or so as an OWNER, you need about 35-37% margin. Hardly called
'profit', as in 'net', which is most imes ZERO for most successful bike
shops.

Nobody 'owns' an REI. If it's a IBD, INDEPENDENT bike dealer, give him
a break!! 6.3% means his margin is below what he needs to BE there when
you need something. Allow him to stay in business!!!