Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: Little 500 is a joke

Started by Steven Gee · · Last activity · 2 posts · 850 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
6 April 2004
Last activity
7 April 2004
Original author
Steven Gee
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
850
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. One thing that I noticed in the photos was the lack of fans in the
    stands. I remember the throngs in "Breaking Away". What gives ?
    Were the photos from a training run, or qualifier ? I would have
    loved to have ridden it during college.

    Steve

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Bob <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On 31 Mar 2004 06:47:49 -0800, [email hidden] (mr60percent)

    Quoted message said:

    This is what happens when a bunch of Freds decide to have their own
    version of a Madison...

    http://tinyurl.com/2sy2x

    I've heard of Obree's Superman position but this is ridiculous...
    http://tinyurl.com/2m3fn

    Sitting down on the job...
    http://tinyurl.com/3xyzb

    Dude: You must ride it before you speak with so little knowledge....

    Bob (Rider 1978 - Wilke Deca)

    Dude:

    I rode it (1994, 1996).
    Its a joke.
    I learned waaaaay more about real bike racing in one season of inter-
    collegiate racing (1997).

    - Boyd S.

  2. It was the qualifiers. The stands should be full on April 24th.

    "Steven Gee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    One thing that I noticed in the photos was the lack of fans in the
    stands. I remember the throngs in "Breaking Away". What gives ?
    Were the photos from a training run, or qualifier ? I would have
    loved to have ridden it during college.

    Steve

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Bob <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On 31 Mar 2004 06:47:49 -0800, [email hidden] (mr60percent)
    wrote:

    >This is what happens when a bunch of Freds decide to have their own
    >version of a Madison...
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/2sy2x
    >
    >I've heard of Obree's Superman position but this is ridiculous...
    >http://tinyurl.com/2m3fn
    >
    >Sitting down on the job...
    >http://tinyurl.com/3xyzb

    Dude: You must ride it before you speak with so little knowledge....

    Bob (Rider 1978 - Wilke Deca)

    Dude:

    I rode it (1994, 1996).
    Its a joke.
    I learned waaaaay more about real bike racing in one season of inter-
    collegiate racing (1997).

    - Boyd S.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.