re locating to linconshire

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Yuval Berger, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Yuval Berger

    Yuval Berger Guest

    I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September. I am an avid cyclist
    commuter and self contained tourer. I wonder if that part of your country is suitable for weekend
    trips / commuting/ and the level of bike friendliness in this community

    Yuval Vancouver BC

    Tags:

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    "yuval berger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September. I am an avid cyclist
    > commuter and self contained tourer. I wonder if that part of your country is suitable for weekend
    > trips / commuting/ and the level of bike friendliness in this community
    >
    > Yuval Vancouver BC

    Well for one thing, it's very flat! Premium crop growing country. Get very nice sunsets there also.

    Ex-Lincolnshire person

    Steve

  3. >I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September.

    The part of Lincolnshire known as the fens is very flat - it's a big part of Lincolnshire :) Very
    flat indeed.

    For bike groups & clubs go to

    http://www.ctc.org.uk (for leisure cycling) and http://www.bcf.uk.com/ (for sport cycling) and
    http://www.rttc.org.uk/ (for time trialling specifically)

    Enjoy your cycling here in the UK

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Chilly

    Chilly Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming
    September.

    > The part of Lincolnshire known as the fens is very flat - it's a big part
    of
    > Lincolnshire :) Very flat indeed.

    My sister lives at Holbeach. There are bridges over the dykes, they go uphill, then downhill and
    back onto the road the other side.

    Bill

  5. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

  6. Ali

    Ali Guest

    Couldn't be better. I'm in s.Lincs and commute via traffic free roads to work most days -21 mile
    round trip. Never had any hassle from traffic of any sort, touch wood. Ali "yuval berger"
    > I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming
    September.
    > I am an avid cyclist commuter and self contained tourer. I wonder if that part of your country is
    > suitable for weekend trips / commuting/ and the level of bike friendliness in this community
    >
    > Yuval Vancouver BC

  7. Carol Hague

    Carol Hague Guest

    Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "yuval berger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September. I am an avid
    > > cyclist commuter and self contained tourer. I wonder if that part of your country is suitable
    > > for weekend trips / commuting/ and the level of bike friendliness in this community
    > >
    > > Yuval Vancouver BC
    >
    > Well for one thing, it's very flat!

    Hah! Do *not* fall for this one. Lincolnshire is flatter than some places, sure, but you get out
    there on the Wolds and there are still some hills to challenge your legs.

    I lived with my parents-in-law in Scamblesby for a while last year and have ridden to Horncastle a
    number of times. Not too bad, but definitely undulating. I didn't even *attempt* the ride to Louth,
    the other nearby town. Not because I didn't want to ride up the hill on the way there, but because I
    didn't want to ride *down* said hill on the way back....

    The good thing about rural Lincs is that the roads tend to have wide verges so that the cars have
    somewher to pull off to let you pass (well they do for me on my trike anyway).

    --
    Carol Hague "The bicycle is the product of pure reason applied to motion."
    - Angela Carter, "The Lady of the House of Love"

  8. Seamus

    Seamus New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2003
    Damn right!

    I was out cycling in the Lincolnshire Wolds , the week after Easter and it is definitely not flat.

    I was staying at Woody's Top YH near Ruckland near Louth and there is a heck of a climb up to it.