"Sophie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Next week I will be at the southern tip of Loch Lomond and wondered if
anyone could suggest some good hill-walks in the area. We are aiming to
do Ben Lomond & Ptarmigan one day, and would like to do another couple
of walks. My idea of a good walk is similar in size to the Brecon
Beacons - a decent amount of uphill, a nice ridge walk, no scrambling,
and home in time for tea (or beer). I have the Landranger map of Loch
Lomond but no other information on which bits are particularly pretty,
boggy, or otherwise.
Park at the far end of the LOCH RESTIL, just after the phone box at the top
of
the 'Rest and Be Thankful' pass, heading for Inveraray from Arrochar.
And do 'Ben An Lochan', a few ft from being a munro. Brilliant ridge
straight from
the car and no scrambling. I do it in less than an hr.
Nick