Re: Lonely AMerican biker

Bob in CT wrote:

> I live 27 miles one way from
> work, and that's on the freeway. Biking, you'd have to do it in

probably
> about double that to find a relatively safe route. Furthermore,

where I
> live the nearest store to buy anything is at least 7 miles away, and
> that's going over extremely busy streets with tons of intersections.

And
> there is no available transportation to take me to or from work or to

or
> from a store. Finally, although I work in a city, I cannot afford

to live
> there. A "nice" house where I work is 600,000+.

Welcome to the result of 50 years of auto-dependent suburban sprawl.
How do you like it?

CC

>Welcome to the result of 50 years of auto-dependent suburban sprawl.
>How do you like it?
>
>CC

It's fine by me, does everyone have to live in a high rise?
The population has been growing, this is only natural.
Luckily for me, I live 25 minutes from work and have lots of quiet country
roads to ride on once I get home. Much more convenient than riding my bike to
work every day. I don'y live in a suburb eithr, I live out in the country. No
one says you have to live in a subdivision, I don't see the big political high
horse on this issue.