Re: Looking for a hot sauce...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Gerlonda Battles, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. Don't know about "Delish . . ." but a very good HOT sauce brand sold in
    grocery stores (Albertson's, Ralphs) in LA is Matouks Pepper Sauces.
    Pretty sure its Jamaican. Guaranteed to blow your mind.

    On 7 Mar 2006, Ace Berserker wrote:

    > ...from Barbados; the brand name is "Delish Bajan".
    >
    > Anyone know of a US distributor/retail outlet for this?
    >
    > P.S. I know there's other brands available - I'm looking for this one
    > specifically.

    Tags:

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Gerlonda Battles <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Don't know about "Delish . . ." but a very good HOT sauce brand sold in
    > grocery stores (Albertson's, Ralphs) in LA is Matouks Pepper Sauces.
    > Pretty sure its Jamaican. Guaranteed to blow your mind.

    Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode like this?

    --
    to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

    <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

  3. fudge

    fudge Guest

    Pretty sure the original Matouk's Pepper Sauce came from Trinidad. Could
    be a version is also made in Jamaica but the real McCoy came from Trinidad.
    Very HOT!!! Like the Trinidadians say" It burns at both ends"

    http://www.hotsauceworld.com/matcalsauc.html

    f.j.

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Gerlonda Battles <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Don't know about "Delish . . ." but a very good HOT sauce brand sold in
    >> grocery stores (Albertson's, Ralphs) in LA is Matouks Pepper Sauces.
    >> Pretty sure its Jamaican. Guaranteed to blow your mind.

    > Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode like this?
    >
    > --
    > to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"
    >
    > <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

  4. ensenadajim

    ensenadajim Guest

    On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:02:08 -0400, "fudge" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Pretty sure the original Matouk's Pepper Sauce came from Trinidad. Could
    >be a version is also made in Jamaica but the real McCoy came from Trinidad.
    >Very HOT!!! Like the Trinidadians say" It burns at both ends"

    Perhaps that is why there is a "Ring of Fire" hotsauce? Although it is
    not all that hot.

    jm