Re: Looking for a hot sauce...

Gerlonda Battles

Guest
Don't know about "Delish . . ." but a very good HOT sauce brand sold in
grocery stores (Albertson's, Ralphs) in LA is Matouks Pepper Sauces.
Pretty sure its Jamaican. Guaranteed to blow your mind.

On 7 Mar 2006, Ace Berserker wrote:

> ...from Barbados; the brand name is "Delish Bajan".
>
> Anyone know of a US distributor/retail outlet for this?
>
> P.S. I know there's other brands available - I'm looking for this one
> specifically.

In article <[email protected]>,
Gerlonda Battles <[email protected]> wrote:

> Don't know about "Delish . . ." but a very good HOT sauce brand sold in
> grocery stores (Albertson's, Ralphs) in LA is Matouks Pepper Sauces.
> Pretty sure its Jamaican. Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode like this?

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

Pretty sure the original Matouk's Pepper Sauce came from Trinidad. Could
be a version is also made in Jamaica but the real McCoy came from Trinidad.
Very HOT!!! Like the Trinidadians say" It burns at both ends"

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/matcalsauc.html

f.j.

"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Gerlonda Battles <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Don't know about "Delish . . ." but a very good HOT sauce brand sold in
>> grocery stores (Albertson's, Ralphs) in LA is Matouks Pepper Sauces.
>> Pretty sure its Jamaican. Guaranteed to blow your mind.

> Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode like this?
>
> --
> to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"
>
> <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:02:08 -0400, "fudge" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Pretty sure the original Matouk's Pepper Sauce came from Trinidad. Could
>be a version is also made in Jamaica but the real McCoy came from Trinidad.
>Very HOT!!! Like the Trinidadians say" It burns at both ends"

Perhaps that is why there is a "Ring of Fire" hotsauce? Although it is
not all that hot.

jm