UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Looking for a hybrid - Advice needed

Started by davek · · Last activity · 1 post · 510 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
26 March 2005
Last activity
26 March 2005
Original author
davek
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
510
Views / 30 days
9

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Random said:

    Has anyone got any suggestions as to a decent hybrid at around 350 to 400
    which I should have a look at?

    About 6 months ago, I bought a Contour online from Edinburgh Bicycle
    Cooperative and I have been very happy with it. It's a straightforward
    no-fuss rigid alu frame hybrid, with mudguards, suspension seatpost,
    riser bars and adjustable stem.

    Ideally you would try out the bike in advance before you buy it, but in
    truth for a hybrid in that price bracket they are all much of a muchness
    - and EBC's sizing guide seems reliable enough based on my experience
    (and unless you are buying a custom built frame you are relying on
    generalised sizing anyway, so what's the difference whether you try it
    in advance or not?)

    The only things I have changed on the Contour since I bought it are the
    tyres (cheap, [censored] knobblies for semi-decent slicks) and the suspension
    seatpost for a stiff one (a matter of personal preference).

    Aside from those minor changes, it has been a fantastic bike for
    commuting - all for well under £300, including the optional extra rack
    and lights.

    d.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.