Re: Looking for a hybrid - Advice needed

davek

Guest
Random wrote:
> Has anyone got any suggestions as to a decent hybrid at around 350 to 400
> which I should have a look at?

About 6 months ago, I bought a Contour online from Edinburgh Bicycle
Cooperative and I have been very happy with it. It's a straightforward
no-fuss rigid alu frame hybrid, with mudguards, suspension seatpost,
riser bars and adjustable stem.

Ideally you would try out the bike in advance before you buy it, but in
truth for a hybrid in that price bracket they are all much of a muchness
- and EBC's sizing guide seems reliable enough based on my experience
(and unless you are buying a custom built frame you are relying on
generalised sizing anyway, so what's the difference whether you try it
in advance or not?)

The only things I have changed on the Contour since I bought it are the
tyres (cheap, **** knobblies for semi-decent slicks) and the suspension
seatpost for a stiff one (a matter of personal preference).

Aside from those minor changes, it has been a fantastic bike for
commuting - all for well under £300, including the optional extra rack
and lights.

d.