RE: Looking for the older recipe/ cooking sites

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lefty, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has
    any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes.

    You want old? -- Here's OLD:
    http://www.teacheroz.com/food.htm
    --
    Lefty

    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

    Tags:

  2. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Lefty wrote:
    > I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has
    > any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes.
    >
    > You want old? -- Here's OLD:
    > http://www.teacheroz.com/food.htm

    There is this site from Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia:

    http://www.history.org/Almanack/life/food/foodhdr.cfm

    or look at the original Fanny Farmer Cookbook, circa 1896, which was
    designed for a ladies school teaching immigrants to the USA how to cook
    their regional foods using local ingredients.

    The Old White House Cookbook is a tad more fru-fru but still has some
    interesting information. And the tradtional Senate Bean Soup was surely an
    inspiration to my fathers Navy Bean Soup.

    If you want to go as far back as the Renaissance there are recipes for those
    things too, although there probably aren't any cookbooks just lying around.
    There are re-creations.

    Jill

  3. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    Lefty wrote:
    > I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has
    > any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes.
    >

    > You want old? -- Here's OLD:
    > http://www.teacheroz.com/food.htm
    > --
    > Lefty
    >
    > Life is for learning
    > The worst I ever had was wonderful

    It depends what you consider old. There are some old recipes on this
    site:

    http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/

    -Rusty

  4. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > http://www.legendsofamerica.com/WE-OldFashRecipes.html
    >
    > http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/recipes.html
    >
    > http://www.heritagerecipes.com/Recipes.htm
    >
    > http://www.nvhistory.org/oldtimerecipes.shtml
    >
    > http://www.thatsmyhome.com/momsdiner/desserts/Old-Fashioned.htm
    >
    > http://www.oldfashionedfamilies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80
    >
    > http://www.nanaellen.com/cookbook/cookbook.htm
    >
    > http://www.dixieweb.com/recipe.htm
    >
    > http://waltonfeed.com/old/mama/index.html
    >
    > http://web.dbtech.net/~suncastl/kitchen.htm
    >
    > http://www.outernetweb.com/recipes/
    >
    > http://www.pellatuliptime.com/historical-village/history/recipe/recipes.html
    >
    > http://talesofold.net/family/recipes.html
    >
    > http://www.almanac.com/recipes/search/index.php
    >
    > http://www.oldlutheran.com/kitchen/index.shtml
    >
    > http://groups.msn.com/OldTimeRecipes
    >
    > http://www.heroines.ca/resources/recipes.html
    >
    > http://www.ghosttraveller.com/Index of Historical Recipes, by Cuisine.htm
    >
    > http://library.thinkquest.org/C0111575/food2.htm
    >
    > http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
    >
    > http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/ratty/195/victorian_recipes.html
    >
    > http://www.lexington1.net/lms/vicrecipe.html
    >
    > http://www.housemouse.net/hkitch6.htm
    >
    > http://www.diogenes-club.com/recipes.htm
    >
    > http://www.victorian-via-von.com/recipes/recipes.htm
    >

    > That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
    >
    > -Rusty

    Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet - armenian
    music -- ;-)
    Dee Dee

  5. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    Dee Randall wrote:
    > "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
    > >

    > > That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
    > >
    > > -Rusty

    > Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet - armenian
    > music -- ;-)
    > Dee Dee

    My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
    recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.

    ;-)

    Rusty

  6. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dee Randall wrote:
    > > "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
    > > >

    > > > That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
    > > >
    > > > -Rusty

    > > Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet -

    armenian
    > > music -- ;-)
    > > Dee Dee

    > My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
    > recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Rusty

    I had an Armenian Art Professor in Art School (came from Lebanon). What
    beautiful sensibilities his culture inspired in him, which in turn he
    inspired in us students.
    --
    Lefty

    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

  7. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dee Randall wrote:
    >> "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
    >> >

    >> > That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
    >> >
    >> > -Rusty

    >> Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet -
    >> armenian
    >> music -- ;-)
    >> Dee Dee

    > My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
    > recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Rusty

    I may have given the wrong impression -- I liked the music that was on
    gutsygourmet site. But then again, I like most ethnic 'world' music.

    There was one recipe zucchini and yogurt -- said something about it may be
    an unusual combination or something like that -- but too me, it looked
    pretty good.
    Again, thanks, Rusty.
    Dee Dee
    in Shenandoah Valley, VA

  8. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    Dee Randall wrote:
    > "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Dee Randall wrote:
    > >> "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > >> Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet -
    > >> armenian
    > >> music -- ;-)
    > >> Dee Dee

    > > My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
    > > recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
    > >
    > > ;-)
    > >
    > > Rusty

    > I may have given the wrong impression -- I liked the music that was on
    > gutsygourmet site. But then again, I like most ethnic 'world' music.
    >
    > There was one recipe zucchini and yogurt -- said something about it may be
    > an unusual combination or something like that -- but too me, it looked
    > pretty good.
    > Again, thanks, Rusty.
    > Dee Dee
    > in Shenandoah Valley, VA

    Thanks, Dee. I was saying that the music is an aquired taste, because
    after a while it starts to get on my nerves. ;-) I like swing, rock,
    ethnic, classical ect.

    Rusty

  9. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dee Randall wrote:
    >> "Rusty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
    >> > recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
    >> >
    >> > ;-)
    >> >
    >> > Rusty

    >> I may have given the wrong impression -- I liked the music that was on
    >> gutsygourmet site. But then again, I like most ethnic 'world' music.
    >>
    >> There was one recipe zucchini and yogurt -- said something about it may
    >> be
    >> an unusual combination or something like that -- but too me, it looked
    >> pretty good.
    >> Again, thanks, Rusty.
    >> Dee Dee
    >> in Shenandoah Valley, VA

    > Thanks, Dee. I was saying that the music is an aquired taste, because
    > after a while it starts to get on my nerves. ;-) I like swing, rock,
    > ethnic, classical ect.
    > Rusty

    Yeah, I know what you mean. I heard one time some music in a
    Pakistani/Iranian/etc. grocery and really liked it. I started to buy it and
    the guy offered me a cassette at half the price, but after a while it did
    get on my nerves; of course, I was wearing myself out doing the dancing to
    it -- tee hee.

    I, too, like lots of different kinds of music. Some people can't understand
    liking so many different kinds. But life's more fun when there's more to
    enjoy.
    Dee Dee