rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Re: lost in Veneto, Italy

Started by Principessa · · Last activity · 2 posts · 485 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
26 September 2005
Last activity
27 September 2005
Original author
Principessa
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
485
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Ken Roberts" <[email hidden]>
    Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.rides
    Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 6:27 PM
    Subject: Re: lost in Veneto, Italy

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sharon and I did the climb from Castelrottol (or Kastelruth in German)
    up
    into Seiser Alm / Alpe di Siusi -- which was about the hardest climb
    we've
    ever done on our tandem, I think much of it pretty sustained at around
    8%,
    then continued east past views of ski lifts to great views of Langkofel
    /
    Sasso Lungo. But then the descent to Santa Catarina


    [check spell: Santa Caterina] ...

    Hi Ken,
    I stumbled onto this thread with the description of the roads you
    cycled.

    My congatulations to you.
    I am amazed to read that, on a tandem, you were able to negotiate the road
    onto Santa Caterina by way of Monte Pana, going over very tough, unpaved,
    steep sections.

    I am not in a position to contribute directly to this NG, and, for the
    time being, I ask a friend to forward the present message for publication.

    If you, or anyone else for that matter, wish to get in contact and to
    possibly ask questions, be advised that I have long been riding
    these many wonderful roads and I could provide useful input for your
    future trips.

    If so, @-mail me directly at:
    Sergio Servadio <[email hidden]>

    Sergio

    Originally from Marche.
    Living in Pisa.
    But travelled by bike just about everywhere
    in Central and Northern Italy.

  2. Sergio said:

    I am amazed to read that, on a tandem, you were able to negotiate the road
    onto Santa Caterina by way of Monte Pana, going over very tough, unpaved,
    steep sections.

    Fortunately it was mostly downhill. So we walked some of the bumpier
    dirt-gravel sections, and rode other smoother sections. Here's some photos:
    http://roberts-1.com/t/b05/it/k/b
    They shows both how pretty it was, and also what the trail was like. I think
    it was worse than it could have been, because we used route 30A instead of
    route 30. But I think route 30 has about 6 km of dirt-gravel anyway.

    Once we reached Monte Pana, we were on pavement, but it was still very steep
    going down. Fortunately we have a third brake on our tandem. I'm very
    impressed with people who do it in the opposite direction and climb up from
    Santa Cristina.

    Quoted message said:

    If you, or anyone else for that matter, wish to get in contact and to
    possibly ask questions, be advised that I have long been riding these many
    wonderful roads

    Yes, and thanks for your past contributions. If you read some of my recent
    posts under "Tour of the Alps photographs", you will see that my comments
    about Bormio and Livigno are in line with what you posted a few months ago.

    Ken

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.