Re: Lovin' Sean Kelly



On Apr 11, 8:16 pm, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/springclassics07/?id=/features/2...
>
> Damn that was some good stuff, especially since I've got **** on my
> boots like him and love Zabel too!


One thing that urks me about that article is when they say that Kelly
just got back from a "training ride". What is it he's training for
again? Why nothing. So it AIN'T a training ride. It's just a ride.

I'm really getting tired of people who say they go on training rides
when all it is is a fast ride. This concentration on speed for nothing
more than the sake of speed is going to screw up the sport yet. If all
you ever do is torture yourself sooner or later you're going to stop
riding. I've seen a lot of riders disappear over the years because of
that.
 
B

Bob Schwartz

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> I'm really getting tired of people who say they go on training rides
> when all it is is a fast ride. This concentration on speed for nothing
> more than the sake of speed is going to screw up the sport yet. If all
> you ever do is torture yourself sooner or later you're going to stop
> riding. I've seen a lot of riders disappear over the years because of
> that.


Tom, I have never been as proud of you as I am now.

This one really stands out. And that says a lot. But it's right up
there with the Hanson brother asking Shaun Wallace if he's ever
ridden a fixed gear. Right up there with Sierraman's meltdown. Dave
Bailey's bowel movement in Plano. This is one that people will
remember.

Yes, Sean Kelly should back off a little, lest he burn out.

You are beautiful.

Bob Schwartz
 
J

John Forrest Tomlinson

Guest
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:38:04 GMT, Bob Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>it's right up
>there with the Hanson brother asking Shaun Wallace if he's ever
>ridden a fixed gear.


LOL that was funny.
--
JT
****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
 
M

Michael Press

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
> > I'm really getting tired of people who say they go on training rides
> > when all it is is a fast ride. This concentration on speed for nothing
> > more than the sake of speed is going to screw up the sport yet. If all
> > you ever do is torture yourself sooner or later you're going to stop
> > riding. I've seen a lot of riders disappear over the years because of
> > that.

>
> Tom, I have never been as proud of you as I am now.
>
> This one really stands out. And that says a lot. But it's right up
> there with the Hanson brother asking Shaun Wallace if he's ever
> ridden a fixed gear. Right up there with Sierraman's meltdown. Dave
> Bailey's bowel movement in Plano. This is one that people will
> remember.
>
> Yes, Sean Kelly should back off a little, lest he burn out.
>
> You are beautiful.


Please reread SM's meltdown. Now try that comparison again;
it will stick in your throat. The fixation on women's cycling
alone puts it among the immortals.

--
Michael Press
 
T

Tom Kunich

Guest
"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [email protected] wrote:
>> I'm really getting tired of people who say they go on training rides
>> when all it is is a fast ride. This concentration on speed for nothing
>> more than the sake of speed is going to screw up the sport yet. If all
>> you ever do is torture yourself sooner or later you're going to stop
>> riding. I've seen a lot of riders disappear over the years because of
>> that.

>
> Tom, I have never been as proud of you as I am now.
>
> This one really stands out. And that says a lot. But it's right up
> there with the Hanson brother asking Shaun Wallace if he's ever
> ridden a fixed gear. Right up there with Sierraman's meltdown. Dave
> Bailey's bowel movement in Plano. This is one that people will
> remember.
>
> Yes, Sean Kelly should back off a little, lest he burn out.
>
> You are beautiful.


Not nearly as beautiful as a stupid jackass such as yourself telling us all
that Sean Kelly said that he was on a training ride and not some witless
"journalist" with almost as much brains as you think you have.
 
H

Howard Kveck

Guest
In article <[email protected]rodigy.com>,
Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > I'm really getting tired of people who say they go on training rides
> > > when all it is is a fast ride. This concentration on speed for nothing
> > > more than the sake of speed is going to screw up the sport yet. If all
> > > you ever do is torture yourself sooner or later you're going to stop
> > > riding. I've seen a lot of riders disappear over the years because of
> > > that.

> >
> > Tom, I have never been as proud of you as I am now.
> >
> > This one really stands out. And that says a lot. But it's right up
> > there with the Hanson brother asking Shaun Wallace if he's ever
> > ridden a fixed gear. Right up there with Sierraman's meltdown. Dave
> > Bailey's bowel movement in Plano. This is one that people will
> > remember.
> >
> > Yes, Sean Kelly should back off a little, lest he burn out.
> >
> > You are beautiful.

>
> Please reread SM's meltdown. Now try that comparison again;
> it will stick in your throat. The fixation on women's cycling
> alone puts it among the immortals.


I don't think it was so much the fixation on womens' cycling that made it odd,
but that he always tried to make out like his interest was pure. Unfortunately, the
extremely frequent references to "babes" kinda gave that game away. I have to agree
with Bob, though. This is a classic and certainly should be remembered.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
 
R

Ryan Cousineau

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > [email protected] wrote:
> > > > I'm really getting tired of people who say they go on training rides
> > > > when all it is is a fast ride. This concentration on speed for nothing
> > > > more than the sake of speed is going to screw up the sport yet. If all
> > > > you ever do is torture yourself sooner or later you're going to stop
> > > > riding. I've seen a lot of riders disappear over the years because of
> > > > that.
> > >
> > > Tom, I have never been as proud of you as I am now.
> > >
> > > This one really stands out. And that says a lot. But it's right up
> > > there with the Hanson brother asking Shaun Wallace if he's ever
> > > ridden a fixed gear. Right up there with Sierraman's meltdown. Dave
> > > Bailey's bowel movement in Plano. This is one that people will
> > > remember.
> > >
> > > Yes, Sean Kelly should back off a little, lest he burn out.
> > >
> > > You are beautiful.

> >
> > Please reread SM's meltdown. Now try that comparison again;
> > it will stick in your throat. The fixation on women's cycling
> > alone puts it among the immortals.

>
> I don't think it was so much the fixation on womens' cycling that made it
> odd,
> but that he always tried to make out like his interest was pure.
> Unfortunately, the
> extremely frequent references to "babes" kinda gave that game away. I have to
> agree
> with Bob, though. This is a classic and certainly should be remembered.


This thread is useless without links to a Google Groups URL.

--
Ryan Cousineau [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com/
"I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos
 
B

Bob Schwartz

Guest
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> This thread is useless without links to a Google Groups URL.


Sierraman:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....c4259/2ce68ad630c3e0c2?tvc=1#2ce68ad630c3e0c2

Hansen brother laying down smack to Shaun Wallace:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/bfcd823353ed41ce

Bailey in Plano:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/1567e3494894ea5a

He attached an audio file to the original so it isn't archived.
But the followup has all the text.

As a special bonus, AVA's finger cancer announcement:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/6607cc6eef1ba595

Bob Schwartz
 
C

Curtis L. Russell

Guest
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:42:12 GMT, Bob Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Here's another milestone. Who here remembers Chu?
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/7c185520723d24a2
>
>The inspiration for first use.


If I were inclined toward bad puns, I would say, "Here's looking at
Chu, kid", but I'm not, fortunately.

At least not since my wife sicc'd the Scotties on me for repeating,
"Super calloused fragile mystic, extra halitosis" in the presence of
company. Fortunately, the Scotties were busy gagging in the corner.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
 
C

Carl Sundquist

Guest
"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 20 Apr 2007 04:29:57 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>> yeah, but what about the "nude photo of that high jumper, Amy Acuff"?

>
> Too easy.
> http://images.google.com/images?q=amy acuff&hl=en&safe=off&sa=F
>
> --
> E. Dronkert


and to bring the thread full circle:

Poll: sportbabes
Which sportsstar do you want to see in the next edition of Playboy?

Leontien van Moorsel
Claudia Pechstein
Fatima Moreira de Melo
Inge de Bruijn
other ..... (see forum)
 
M

Michael Press

Guest
In article
<[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > [email protected] wrote:
> > > > I'm really getting tired of people who say they go on training rides
> > > > when all it is is a fast ride. This concentration on speed for nothing
> > > > more than the sake of speed is going to screw up the sport yet. If all
> > > > you ever do is torture yourself sooner or later you're going to stop
> > > > riding. I've seen a lot of riders disappear over the years because of
> > > > that.
> > >
> > > Tom, I have never been as proud of you as I am now.
> > >
> > > This one really stands out. And that says a lot. But it's right up
> > > there with the Hanson brother asking Shaun Wallace if he's ever
> > > ridden a fixed gear. Right up there with Sierraman's meltdown. Dave
> > > Bailey's bowel movement in Plano. This is one that people will
> > > remember.
> > >
> > > Yes, Sean Kelly should back off a little, lest he burn out.
> > >
> > > You are beautiful.

> >
> > Please reread SM's meltdown. Now try that comparison again;
> > it will stick in your throat. The fixation on women's cycling
> > alone puts it among the immortals.

>
> I don't think it was so much the fixation on womens' cycling that made it odd,
> but that he always tried to make out like his interest was pure.


Well, yeah ... Creep out.

> Unfortunately, the
> extremely frequent references to "babes" kinda gave that game away. I have to agree
> with Bob, though. This is a classic and certainly should be remembered.


Not saying otherwise. Attempting to express my perspective.

--
Michael Press
 
H

Howard Kveck

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:


> > Unfortunately, the
> > extremely frequent references to "babes" kinda gave that game away. I have to
> > agree with Bob, though. This is a classic and certainly should be remembered.

>
> Not saying otherwise. Attempting to express my perspective.


Well, that's pretty much what I thought. I think we should strive to have a list
of the classic posts and threads added to the FAQ (along with a copy of Kunich's
resumé). I'd say the Two Guns thread would certainly qualify.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
 
M

Michael Press

Guest
In article
<[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>,
> > Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> > > Unfortunately, the
> > > extremely frequent references to "babes" kinda gave that game away. I have to
> > > agree with Bob, though. This is a classic and certainly should be remembered.

> >
> > Not saying otherwise. Attempting to express my perspective.

>
> Well, that's pretty much what I thought. I think we should strive to have a list
> of the classic posts and threads added to the FAQ (along with a copy of Kunich's
> resumé). I'd say the Two Guns thread would certainly qualify.


I get a thrill just thinking about it. Sorry I did not see it live.

--
Michael Press