Re: Low Carb (Paleo) Half Marathon Report

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Etherized, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. Etherized

    Etherized Guest

    << You convinced me, I will buy running shoes at Dick Pond...

    i >>

    ....want one, too!

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

    Tags:

  2. Barf Bag

    Barf Bag Guest

    >I will buy running shoes at Dick Pond.

    That's the gayest sounding store I ever heard of.

  3. On 2004-09-27, Ignoramus16074 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Barf Bag wrote:
    >>>I will buy running shoes at Dick Pond.

    >> That's the gayest sounding store I ever heard of.

    > Could not agree more!
    >
    > Now, can you please tell me, why do they give vaseline to running
    > marathoners?

    It's for lubrication.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  4. Barf Bag

    Barf Bag Guest

    >It's for lubricating your ass.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >--
    >Donovan Rebbechi

    See, I told you!

  5. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Ignoramus16074" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Barf Bag wrote:
    > >>I will buy running shoes at Dick Pond.

    > > That's the gayest sounding store I ever heard of.

    > Could not agree more!
    >
    > Now, can you please tell me, why do they give vaseline to running
    > marathoners? I was puzzled by that yesterday.

    For me, it was the chafing on the thigh with the running shorts.

  6. Bear G

    Bear G Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > For me, it was the chafing on the thigh with the running shorts.

    Spandex shorts also work well, but you would probably want to
    train in them before wearing them on a long run. (I wear them
    under shorts for modesty.)

    Chaffed nipples, on the other hand....

  7. On 2004-09-28, Bear G <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Sam wrote:
    >> For me, it was the chafing on the thigh with the running shorts.

    > Spandex shorts also work well, but you would probably want to
    > train in them before wearing them on a long run. (I wear them
    > under shorts for modesty.)
    >
    > Chaffed nipples, on the other hand....

    I use bodyglide for long runs. I usually put some on my nipples and inner
    thighs. Two layers of shorts is a bit much for me in summer.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  8. Bear G

    Bear G Guest

    Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
    > On 2004-09-28, Bear G <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>Chaffed nipples, on the other hand....

    > I use bodyglide for long runs. I usually put some on my nipples and inner
    > thighs. Two layers of shorts is a bit much for me in summer.

    I've started using bodyglide on my longest runs, but so far
    chaffing only seems to be a problem when it's raining.

    The extra shorts don't bother me, but I've been a believer in them
    since the late 80s when I discovered that wearing the shorts under
    my TKD uniform made it much easier to do kicks - the fabric wasn't
    catching on my ursine pelt. I'll also wear them when hiking or if
    I'm expecting to walk a considerable distance.

  9. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Ignoramus29889 wrote in message ...
    >In article <[email protected]_s02>, Bear G wrote:
    >> Sam wrote:
    >>> For me, it was the chafing on the thigh with the running shorts.

    >> Spandex shorts also work well, but you would probably want to
    >> train in them before wearing them on a long run. (I wear them
    >> under shorts for modesty.)
    >>
    >> Chaffed nipples, on the other hand....

    >I had chaffed nipples also... It was quite irritating.

    If its above 50 degrees, and I'm sweating, I find it better to run without a
    shirt.

    - Tony

  10. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    Ignoramus29889 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I had chaffed nipples also... It was quite irritating.

    Did you think I made this stuff up?

    > You probably know this now, but all this should have been worked out
    > during your long training runs. Besides the physiological benefits of
    > long runs, there are certain things that just won't be an issue until
    > you've gone over a certain distance.
    >
    > Things like: Shoes - causing blisters, too lose, too tight, laces
    > coming undone
    > Chafing - groin, nipples, armpits Clothing - too hot,

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Phil M.

    --
    "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make
    them all yourself." ­Martin Vanbee

  11. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    Ignoramus29889 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Phil M. wrote:
    >> Ignoramus29889 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I had chaffed nipples also... It was quite irritating.

    >> Did you think I made this stuff up?

    > I did not think so, you posted a good list... In fact, I took
    > particular effort to tighten the laces, so that they would not hinder
    > my running, due to having read that post of yours. Thank you.

    OK. Just checking. ;-)

    Phil M.