Re: Low Carb Soup Recipes?!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by nanner, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. nanner

    nanner Guest

    "Amanda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I'm getting another tooth yanked out in a couple weeks, and last time
    > all I ate was chicken broth. Oh boy am I sick of chicken broth.
    >
    > I'd love to have some low carb soups I can make up ahead of time and
    > have around for this. I've not seen any 'low carb' soup type stuff in
    > the grocery store at all.
    >

    > -----
    > 285.5/259/120 monthly-goal: 8 month-start: 265.5

    i've been eating alot of straciatelli lately. Just boil about 2 cups of
    chicken broth (I know you are sick of it but maybe this is a good twist on
    it) while it's heating I add dry parsely (which rehydrates nicely) and a
    little black pepper. I use College Inn w/less sodium. I noticed Swanson has
    sugar added so I avoid it.

    Then while the soup is boiling I slowly pour in 2 beaten eggs so that you
    get that "egg drop soup" affect. I then add grated parmesan and mix it up a
    bit.

    It takes minutes to make and it is really good.

    Tags:

  2. nanner <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Amanda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > I'm getting another tooth yanked out in a couple weeks, and last time
    > > all I ate was chicken broth. Oh boy am I sick of chicken broth.
    > >
    > > I'd love to have some low carb soups I can make up ahead of time and
    > > have around for this. I've not seen any 'low carb' soup type stuff in
    > > the grocery store at all.
    > >

    > > -----
    > > 285.5/259/120 monthly-goal: 8 month-start: 265.5

    > i've been eating alot of straciatelli lately. Just boil about 2 cups of
    > chicken broth (I know you are sick of it but maybe this is a good twist on
    > it) while it's heating I add dry parsely (which rehydrates nicely) and a
    > little black pepper. I use College Inn w/less sodium. I noticed Swanson has
    > sugar added so I avoid it.
    >
    > Then while the soup is boiling I slowly pour in 2 beaten eggs so that you
    > get that "egg drop soup" affect. I then add grated parmesan and mix it up a
    > bit.
    >
    > It takes minutes to make and it is really good.

    that sounds very good. thanks for posting it.

  3. nanner

    nanner Guest

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1gs8c28.14kkyxr1u15mguN%[email protected]
    > nanner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Amanda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > I'm getting another tooth yanked out in a couple weeks, and last time
    >> > all I ate was chicken broth. Oh boy am I sick of chicken broth.
    >> >
    >> > I'd love to have some low carb soups I can make up ahead of time and
    >> > have around for this. I've not seen any 'low carb' soup type stuff in
    >> > the grocery store at all.
    >> >

    >> > -----
    >> > 285.5/259/120 monthly-goal: 8 month-start: 265.5

    >> i've been eating alot of straciatelli lately. Just boil about 2 cups of
    >> chicken broth (I know you are sick of it but maybe this is a good twist
    >> on
    >> it) while it's heating I add dry parsely (which rehydrates nicely) and a
    >> little black pepper. I use College Inn w/less sodium. I noticed Swanson
    >> has
    >> sugar added so I avoid it.
    >>
    >> Then while the soup is boiling I slowly pour in 2 beaten eggs so that you
    >> get that "egg drop soup" affect. I then add grated parmesan and mix it up
    >> bit.
    >>
    >> It takes minutes to make and it is really good.

    > that sounds very good. thanks for posting it.

    you're welcome, let us know if you try it and if you like it (or not)

  4. Marsha

    Marsha Guest

    nanner wrote:
    > i've been eating alot of straciatelli lately. Just boil about 2 cups of
    > chicken broth (I know you are sick of it but maybe this is a good twist on
    > it) while it's heating I add dry parsely (which rehydrates nicely) and a
    > little black pepper. I use College Inn w/less sodium. I noticed Swanson has
    > sugar added so I avoid it.
    >
    > Then while the soup is boiling I slowly pour in 2 beaten eggs so that you
    > get that "egg drop soup" affect. I then add grated parmesan and mix it up a
    > bit.
    >
    > It takes minutes to make and it is really good.

    Thanks a lot. We are going to try it. Of course, SO will
    add garlic : )

    Marsha/Ohio

  5. nanner <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:1gs8c28.14kkyxr1u15mguN%[email protected]
    > > nanner <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Amanda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > >> i've been eating alot of straciatelli lately. Just boil about 2 cups of
    > >> chicken broth (I know you are sick of it but maybe this is a good twist
    > >> on
    > >> it) while it's heating I add dry parsely (which rehydrates nicely) and a
    > >> little black pepper. I use College Inn w/less sodium. I noticed Swanson
    > >> has
    > >> sugar added so I avoid it.
    > >>
    > >> Then while the soup is boiling I slowly pour in 2 beaten eggs so that you
    > >> get that "egg drop soup" affect. I then add grated parmesan and mix it up
    > >> bit.
    > >>
    > >> It takes minutes to make and it is really good.

    > > that sounds very good. thanks for posting it.

    > you're welcome, let us know if you try it and if you like it (or not)

    it's yummy. it's also very quick and very easy. it's definitely going
    into heavy rotation.

  6. nanner

    nanner Guest

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1gsa2t1.1nhd3fu1tnudqoN%[email protected]
    > nanner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:1gs8c28.14kkyxr1u15mguN%[email protected]

    >> > that sounds very good. thanks for posting it.

    >> you're welcome, let us know if you try it and if you like it (or not)

    > it's yummy. it's also very quick and very easy. it's definitely going
    > into heavy rotation.

    great, glad ya liked it - i have it almost daily!