Re: Maybe I'm missing something...

Tim McNamara

Steve Gravrock <[email protected]> wrote:

> Most newsgroups are unmoderated for a variety of reasons both
> philosophical and practical. Because Usenet is decentralized,
> moderate newsgroups are difficult to get working. They also usually
> die if the moderators stop doing their jobs, which happens more often
> than you'd think. That's essentially what killed rec.bicycles.tech.

????

Tim McNamara wrote:
> Steve Gravrock wrote:
>
> > Most newsgroups are unmoderated for a variety of reasons both
> > philosophical and practical. Because Usenet is decentralized,
> > moderate newsgroups are difficult to get working. They also usually
> > die if the moderators stop doing their jobs, which happens more often
> > than you'd think. That's essentially what killed rec.bicycles.tech.

> ????

Substitute "rec.bicycles.off-road" for "rec.bicycles.tech" and it
makes sense.

On 2007-07-27, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tim McNamara wrote:
>> Steve Gravrock wrote:
>>
>> > Most newsgroups are unmoderated for a variety of reasons both
>> > philosophical and practical. Because Usenet is decentralized,
>> > moderate newsgroups are difficult to get working. They also usually
>> > die if the moderators stop doing their jobs, which happens more often
>> > than you'd think. That's essentially what killed rec.bicycles.tech.

>> ????

> Substitute "rec.bicycles.off-road" for "rec.bicycles.tech" and it
> makes sense.

Err... right. That's what I meant.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 04:45:44 +0000 (UTC), Steve Gravrock
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Substitute "rec.bicycles.off-road" for "rec.bicycles.tech" and it
>> makes sense.

>Err... right. That's what I meant.

'Judge Snyder? Well he's kind of had it in for me ever since I
accidentally ran over his dog... Actually replace "accidentally" with
"repeatedly" and replace "dog" with "son".'

In article <[email protected]>,
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tim McNamara wrote:
> > Steve Gravrock wrote:
> >
> > > Most newsgroups are unmoderated for a variety of reasons both
> > > philosophical and practical. Because Usenet is decentralized,
> > > moderate newsgroups are difficult to get working. They also
> > > usually die if the moderators stop doing their jobs, which
> > > happens more often than you'd think. That's essentially what
> > > killed rec.bicycles.tech.

> > ????

> Substitute "rec.bicycles.off-road" for "rec.bicycles.tech" and it
> makes sense.

Slip of the keys, then. Although I'd attribute the death of r.b.o-r to
the V man's bile and vituperation.

On Jul 27, 11:01 am, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> Slip of the keys, then. Although I'd attribute the death of r.b.o-r to
> the V man's bile and vituperation.

We really need a rec.bicycles.mike-and-ed for them to play in amongst
themselves. I would really like to see ED duke it out with the master
of duh. The winner gets a bronzed whipsnake carcass.

On 2007-07-27, amakyonin <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 11:01 am, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Slip of the keys, then. Although I'd attribute the death of r.b.o-r to
>> the V man's bile and vituperation.

> We really need a rec.bicycles.mike-and-ed for them to play in amongst
> themselves. I would really like to see ED duke it out with the master
> of duh. The winner gets a bronzed whipsnake carcass.

Don't forget to add some knobby tire marks before you bronze it.

In article
<[email protected]>,
amakyonin <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 11:01 am, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Slip of the keys, then. Although I'd attribute the death of r.b.o-r to
> > the V man's bile and vituperation.

> We really need a rec.bicycles.mike-and-ed for them to play in amongst
> themselves. I would really like to see ED duke it out with the master
> of duh. The winner gets a bronzed whipsnake carcass.

Cranks do not interfere with one another: professional courtesy.

--
Michael Press

On Jul 29, 11:32 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
>
> amakyonin <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jul 27, 11:01 am, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Slip of the keys, then. Although I'd attribute the death of r.b.o-r to
> > > the V man's bile and vituperation.

> > We really need a rec.bicycles.mike-and-ed for them to play in amongst
> > themselves. I would really like to see ED duke it out with the master
> > of duh. The winner gets a bronzed whipsnake carcass.

> Cranks do not interfere with one another: professional courtesy.
>
> --
> Michael Press

Thanks guys. I look at this mostly at work (no problems there) but I
shouldn't be installing and software. I'll just deal.

alan.

[email protected] wrote:

> Thanks guys. I look at this mostly at work (no problems there) but I
> shouldn't be installing and software. I'll just deal.

Get a filter. Works for me. Ed who?

--

David L. Johnson

A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems.
-- Paul Erdos

"amakyonin" who? wrote:
> On Jul 27, 11:01 am, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Slip of the keys, then. Although I'd attribute the death of r.b.o-r to
>> the V man's bile and vituperation.

> We really need a rec.bicycles.mike-and-ed for them to play in amongst
> themselves. I would really like to see ED duke it out with the master
> of duh. The winner gets a bronzed whipsnake carcass.

butbutbut, Mr. Ed admires He Who Must Not Be Named!