Re: Memorial Day (OT)

Paul G.

Guest
On May 25, 3:18 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> Anyway, everywhere you look today, it's the "Kommie Left" stepping up
> fighting to get the troops better equipment, medical care, benefits,
> and decent treatment.
> I hear lots of lip service, and PR spots from the right, but they've
> closed ranks behind the military industrial, mercenary, clown complex
> at the expense of the folks getting their asses blown off.

You're just figuring this out? It's very simple. The Republicans favor
the wealthy. The vast majority of our troops are not wealthy, quite
the opposite. Republicans don't want their tax dollars going to a
bunch of poor people, even if they are veterans.

Let's make military service a requirement to receive all tax cuts,
then sit back and listen to the Republicans scream... Let Romney and
his 5 sons pay if they don't want to serve. No more free rides.
-Paul

On May 27, 6:49 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 25, 3:18 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >  Anyway, everywhere you look today, it's the "Kommie Left" stepping up
> > fighting to get the troops better equipment, medical care, benefits,
> > and decent treatment.
> >  I hear lots of lip service, and PR spots from the right, but they've
> > closed ranks behind the military industrial, mercenary, clown complex
> > at the expense of the folks getting their asses blown off.

> You're just figuring this out? It's very simple. The Republicans favor
> the wealthy. The vast majority of our troops are not wealthy, quite
> the opposite.  Republicans don't want their tax dollars going to a
> bunch of poor people, even if they are veterans.
>
> Let's make military service a requirement to receive all tax cuts,
> then sit back and listen to the Republicans scream...   Let Romney and
> his 5 sons pay if they don't want to serve. No more free rides.
> -Paul

Blah, blah, blah, K.I.S.S. because we wouldn't want to actually have
to consider individuals, and complicated situations as being nuanced,
and difficult. Anyone babbling in sound bites should stick to
dittoheading for Rush and morons, or Air America. Insert any of SoTS
sheeple comments here.
Life isn't simple, but they did invent the term simpleton for folks
who think it is.
Bill C

On May 27, 4:44 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 27, 6:49 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On May 25, 3:18 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Anyway, everywhere you look today, it's the "Kommie Left" stepping up
> > > fighting to get the troops better equipment, medical care, benefits,
> > > and decent treatment.
> > > I hear lots of lip service, and PR spots from the right, but they've
> > > closed ranks behind the military industrial, mercenary, clown complex
> > > at the expense of the folks getting their asses blown off.

> > You're just figuring this out? It's very simple. The Republicans favor
> > the wealthy. The vast majority of our troops are not wealthy, quite
> > the opposite. Republicans don't want their tax dollars going to a
> > bunch of poor people, even if they are veterans.

> > Let's make military service a requirement to receive all tax cuts,
> > then sit back and listen to the Republicans scream... Let Romney and
> > his 5 sons pay if they don't want to serve. No more free rides.
> > -Paul

> Blah, blah, blah, K.I.S.S. because we wouldn't want to actually have
> to consider individuals, and complicated situations as being nuanced,
> and difficult. Anyone babbling in sound bites should stick to
> dittoheading for Rush and morons, or Air America. Insert any of SoTS
> sheeple comments here.
> Life isn't simple, but they did invent the term simpleton for folks
> who think it is.
> Bill C

Interesting how you didn't respond directly to anything I wrote. Why
not post YOUR explanation for why you hear "lots of lip service, and
PR spots from the right, but they've closed ranks behind the military
industrial, mercenary, clown complex at the expense of the folks
getting their asses blown off"?

Like I said, "Republicans don't want their tax dollars going to a
bunch of poor people, even if they are veterans." BTW, I went to
college on the GI Bill. It helped make up for the low pay I got in the
service and being 4 years behind my peers when I got back into the
private sector.
-Paul

On May 27, 9:09 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 27, 4:44 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You're just figuring this out? It's very simple. The Republicans favor
> > > the wealthy. The vast majority of our troops are not wealthy, quite
> > > the opposite.  Republicans don't want their tax dollars going to a
> > > bunch of poor people, even if they are veterans.

> > > Let's make military service a requirement to receive all tax cuts,
> > > then sit back and listen to the Republicans scream...   Let Romney and
> > > his 5 sons pay if they don't want to serve. No more free rides.
> > > -Paul

> > Blah, blah, blah, K.I.S.S. because we wouldn't want to actually have
> > to consider individuals, and complicated situations as being nuanced,
> > and difficult. Anyone babbling in sound bites should stick to
> > dittoheading for Rush and morons, or Air America. Insert any of SoTS
> > sheeple comments here.
> >  Life isn't simple, but they did invent the term simpleton for folks
> > who think it is.
> >  Bill C

> Interesting how you didn't respond directly to anything I wrote. Why
> not post YOUR explanation for why you hear "lots of lip service, and
> PR spots from the right, but they've closed ranks behind the military
> industrial, mercenary, clown complex at the expense of the folks
> getting their asses blown off"?
>
> Like I said, "Republicans don't want their tax dollars going to a
> bunch of poor people, even if they are veterans."  BTW, I went to
> college on the GI Bill. It helped make up for the low pay I got in the
> service and being 4 years behind my peers when I got back into the
> private sector.
> -Paul- Hide quoted text -

Same reason I stopped arguing with Howard on this stuff. There is NO
point, no matter what, that can be allowed to contradict those views.
We must all be assimilated and ditto to the left unquestioningly, and
any other thoughts and opinions we have may independently have formed
are wrong and a threat.
It's the same M.O. as Rove and his buddies, just a mirror image.

Great to see people escaping the colective though:
http://www.military.com/news/article/mcclellan-says-bush-misled-us-on-iraq.html?ESRC=eb.nl

May 28, 2008
Atlanta Journal-Constitution
WASHINGTON - In a book due out June 2, former White House press
secretary Scott McClellan offers a blistering review of the Bush
administration and concludes that his longtime boss misled the nation
into an unnecessary war in Iraq.

"History appears poised to confirm what most Americans today have
decided --- that the decision to invade Iraq was a serious strategic
blunder," McClellan wrote in "What Happened: Inside the Bush White
House and What's Wrong With Washington."

Bill C

On May 28, 5:03 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 27, 9:09 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Blah, blah, blah, K.I.S.S. because we wouldn't want to actually have
> > > to consider individuals, and complicated situations as being nuanced,
> > > and difficult. Anyone babbling in sound bites should stick to
> > > dittoheading for Rush and morons, or Air America. Insert any of SoTS
> > > sheeple comments here.
> > > Life isn't simple, but they did invent the term simpleton for folks
> > > who think it is.
> > > Bill C

> > Interesting how you didn't respond directly to anything I wrote. Why
> > not post YOUR explanation for why you hear "lots of lip service, and
> > PR spots from the right, but they've closed ranks behind the military
> > industrial, mercenary, clown complex at the expense of the folks
> > getting their asses blown off"?

> > Like I said, "Republicans don't want their tax dollars going to a
> > bunch of poor people, even if they are veterans." BTW, I went to
> > college on the GI Bill. It helped make up for the low pay I got in the
> > service and being 4 years behind my peers when I got back into the
> > private sector.
> > -Paul- Hide quoted text -

> Same reason I stopped arguing with Howard on this stuff. There is NO
> point, no matter what, that can be allowed to contradict those views.
> We must all be assimilated and ditto to the left unquestioningly, and
> any other thoughts and opinions we have may independently have formed
> are wrong and a threat.
> It's the same M.O. as Rove and his buddies, just a mirror image.
>
> Great to see people escaping the colective though:http://www.military.com/news/article/mcclellan-says-bush-misled-us-on...
>
> May 28, 2008
> Atlanta Journal-Constitution
> WASHINGTON - In a book due out June 2, former White House press
> secretary Scott McClellan offers a blistering review of the Bush
> administration and concludes that his longtime boss misled the nation
> into an unnecessary war in Iraq.
>
> "History appears poised to confirm what most Americans today have
> decided --- that the decision to invade Iraq was a serious strategic
> blunder," McClellan wrote in "What Happened: Inside the Bush White
> House and What's Wrong With Washington."
>
> Bill C

Apparently McClellan has decided the coast is clear and it's safe to
admit that his emperor has no clothes. Some of us have been saying
that all along. Better late than never, I guess.
-Paul

On May 28, 12:20 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Apparently McClellan has decided the coast is clear and it's safe to
> admit that his emperor has no clothes. Some of us have been saying
> that all along. Better late than never, I guess.
> -Paul- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but it's really nice, or pathetic when you realize how extensive
and over the line this all was, to see this stuff coming from just
about everyone who worked with him, for him, or had access to the
inner circle. I'd have to say that taken as a total package it's
unprecedented in US history. Even outdoing Hearst's little Spanish
American venture. Rather than rumors and speculation, there's nice
solid, reliable, documented evidence coming out all over the place,
all cross checked by multiple solid witnesses, and sources. The case
for his brutal malfeasance, betrayal of the Country, and treason in
the name of some insane dream, and enriching his friends and favorite
companies is totally clear, and is becoming air tight for anyone who
is capable of any sort of basic independent thought. Hanging is too
good for the SOB and his buddies, but since he helped fast track the
death penalty in Texas maybe he could be given a nice little ride on
his own justice express. Of course applying the standards that he and
his Justice Dept. are trying to apply to everyone else. I could live
with him having to do the same gig Danny Padilla did, for as long as
he did, with the same treatment before the trial too.
Bill C