Re: Merry Christmas, Mountain Bikers! Here's your New Year's Resolution!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by S Curtiss, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. S Curtiss

    S Curtiss Guest

    Resolution...? More like your pipe dream so you can have the trails
    available only in the way you see fit. As long as you insist on hiking into
    habitat, offroad cyclists will be there also because.... there is NO
    difference in impact to environment or wildlife. It is YOU that states ALL
    human presence is detrimental to wildlife yet you continue to insist that
    YOUR hiking is OK and offroad cycling is not. As long as humans can hike,
    they will also be able to use bicycles for the same purpose.
    The Unites States Forest Service issued their rulings. Offroad cycling has
    similar impacts as hiking. Your poison mindset has had no effect on offroad
    cycling.

    Sales of SUVs continue to rise - new construction continues to extend
    roadways and permanently destroy habitat. Yet you still whine about
    bicycles....

    How is that mission statement of yours holding up going into 2006?

    And you have the audacity to suggest that someone else get a resolution?
    Maybe you should write for Leno - He needs some good jokes.

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:33:49 -0500, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

    ..Resolution...? More like your pipe dream so you can have the trails
    ..available only in the way you see fit. As long as you insist on hiking into
    ..habitat, offroad cyclists will be there also because.... there is NO
    ..difference in impact to environment or wildlife. It is YOU that states ALL
    ..human presence is detrimental to wildlife yet you continue to insist that
    ..YOUR hiking is OK and offroad cycling is not. As long as humans can hike,
    ..they will also be able to use bicycles for the same purpose.
    ..The Unites States Forest Service issued their rulings. Offroad cycling has
    ..similar impacts as hiking. Your poison mindset has had no effect on offroad
    ..cycling.
    ..
    ..Sales of SUVs continue to rise - new construction continues to extend
    ..roadways and permanently destroy habitat. Yet you still whine about
    ..bicycles....
    ..
    ..How is that mission statement of yours holding up going into 2006?
    ..
    ..And you have the audacity to suggest that someone else get a resolution?
    ..Maybe you should write for Leno - He needs some good jokes.

    Did you say something?

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  3. "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Resolution...? More like your pipe dream so you can have the trails
    > available only in the way you see fit. As long as you insist on hiking
    > into habitat, offroad cyclists will be there also because.... there is
    > NO difference in impact to environment or wildlife. It is YOU that states
    > ALL human presence is detrimental to wildlife yet you continue to insist
    > that YOUR hiking is OK and offroad cycling is not. As long as humans can
    > hike, they will also be able to use bicycles for the same purpose.
    > The Unites States Forest Service issued their rulings. Offroad cycling has
    > similar impacts as hiking. Your poison mindset has had no effect on
    > offroad cycling.
    >
    > Sales of SUVs continue to rise - new construction continues to extend
    > roadways and permanently destroy habitat. Yet you still whine about
    > bicycles....

    I think you have managed to hit the nail squarely upon the head here. Mike
    is working to save what, if he is 100% successful, amounts to about 0.004%
    of the environment. Hardly a worthwhile effort if you ask me.

    People like him forced offroad motorcycles onto State Parks in California in
    order to save the remainder of the desert. The State Parks are filled with
    plants and animals that should be gone by now if the reason for herding the
    morotcycles into the parks was true. I've been offroading for going on 35
    years, and the likes of Mike V. are crying wolf in precisely the same way as
    they did way back then.

    Recreation isn't the harm to the habitat as Mike makes it out to be, he
    would be much more successful if he went after the bulldozers clearing the
    way for new mini malls.

  4. S Curtiss

    S Curtiss Guest

    > On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:33:49 -0500, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Resolution...? More like your pipe dream so you can have the trails
    > .available only in the way you see fit. As long as you insist on hiking
    > into
    > .habitat, offroad cyclists will be there also because.... there is NO
    > .difference in impact to environment or wildlife. It is YOU that states
    > ALL
    > .human presence is detrimental to wildlife yet you continue to insist that
    > .YOUR hiking is OK and offroad cycling is not. As long as humans can hike,
    > .they will also be able to use bicycles for the same purpose.
    > .The Unites States Forest Service issued their rulings. Offroad cycling
    > has
    > .similar impacts as hiking. Your poison mindset has had no effect on
    > offroad
    > .cycling.
    > .
    > .Sales of SUVs continue to rise - new construction continues to extend
    > .roadways and permanently destroy habitat. Yet you still whine about
    > .bicycles....
    > .
    > .How is that mission statement of yours holding up going into 2006?
    > .
    > .And you have the audacity to suggest that someone else get a resolution?
    > .Maybe you should write for Leno - He needs some good jokes.
    >
    > Did you say something?

    I win again! I got him to say it! And after only one post, too! Wooo Hooo!

    > ===
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  5. S Curtiss

    S Curtiss Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I think you have managed to hit the nail squarely upon the head here. Mike
    > is working to save what, if he is 100% successful, amounts to about 0.004%
    > of the environment. Hardly a worthwhile effort if you ask me.

    Have a great Holiday!