Re: Messenger bags vs belt packs?

Kinky Cowboy

Guest
On Mon, 02 May 2005 19:31:15 -0700, "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Per [email protected]:
>>What do YOU prefer and why?

>As long as there's enough room, I like a belt back because there's nothing on my
>back and there isn't the irritation/hassle of shoulder straps.
>
>Having said that, CamelBack's 'Mule' is starting to look intersting to me.

I like the Mule for carrying a few essentials off road, but you can't
get much useful luggage in there.

>On my utility bike, I have a fabric-over-frame side basket that hangs on the
>luggage rack and pops right off tb carried with a shoulder strap.

For utility riding, I love my big Howies messenger bag, you can just
keep throwing stuff in there and it never seems full. No more sweat
inducing than the Mule either, and the waist strap seems to carry most
of the load on the hips (so much so that the shoulder strap slips off
the shoulder unless you're really carrying loads of stuff)

Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included
May contain traces of nuts
Your milage may vary