Re: Messenger bags vs belt packs?

monkeyboy

> I have a short commute... maybe 5 miles one way to
> work.
>
> Any advice on using a small messenger bag to carry
> stuff to work vs a belt pack?
>
> What do YOU prefer and why?
>
> Do you hate belt packs and love messenger bags?

I've tried all types of bags and racks. The best by far is the Ortlieb
Xpress courier style bag. It has a totally waterproof roll top, no flap
for water to leak in. I use the small size, and it can handle work
clothes and lunch, as well as the extra layers from a cold morning. It
has a novel waist/shoulder strap that holds the bag very secure. I have
adjusted so it rides on my lower back, so I don't sweat like crazy on
hot summer days; I can't even tell it's on.

Frank