Re: Middle-aged fat lady in her underwear

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Delenn, Mar 12, 2005.

  1. Delenn

    Delenn Guest

    Charles wrote:

    > You are far too nice and much too sensitive to be posting here.

    Hudson, I've been posting here since 1995. I'm neither nice NOR sensitive.

    > Enjoy what you are and what you do and to hell with this miserable
    > bunch of shits!!

    Well, yes. That's my opinion as well. But since I also happen to be a
    miserable bunch of shit I sort of miss the community.

    > Take care! ;o)

    Thanks, you too. I'll post a race report after the triathlon just to
    jeer in your general direction. As far as I can tell the trick isn't
    going to be DOING the triathlon, it's going to be staying injury-free
    long enough to do it on that specific date. Life as an endurance weenie
    appears to be fraught with injury.

    Delenn

    Tags:

  2. Charles

    Charles Guest

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:23:54 -0500, Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Charles wrote:
    >
    >> You are far too nice and much too sensitive to be posting here.

    >Hudson, I've been posting here since 1995. I'm neither nice NOR sensitive.

    Your attempts to be 'one of the boys' have brought you frustration,
    irritation and unhappiness, which denies the above affirmation.

    >> Enjoy what you are and what you do and to hell with this miserable
    >> bunch of shits!!

    >Well, yes. That's my opinion as well. But since I also happen to be a
    >miserable bunch of shit I sort of miss the community.

    I know what you mean, as quite unintentionally and so out of keeping
    with how I live my life, this Group and what goes on here has become
    part of my daily routine. I have no idea why!!

    >> Take care! ;o)

    >Thanks, you too. I'll post a race report after the triathlon just to
    >jeer in your general direction.

    If you succeed in what you set out to do, I shall be among the first
    to congratulate you. However, I re-affirm that your intentions are out
    of step with your goals.

    Competing in a Triathlon does not a Triathlete make!! ;o)

    >As far as I can tell the trick isn't
    >going to be DOING the triathlon, it's going to be staying injury-free
    >long enough to do it on that specific date. Life as an endurance weenie
    >appears to be fraught with injury.

    I told you that at the outset, and I do hope that my negative
    observations were in some way instrumental in making you determined to
    complete your endeavour.

    I do regard highly people who despite all the odds, stick to their
    goals and succeed where they otherwise might not have done!!

    Have a great Sunday Wendy - you know I always do!! ;o)

  3. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Thanks, you too. I'll post a race report after the triathlon just to
    > jeer in your general direction. As far as I can tell the trick isn't
    > going to be DOING the triathlon, it's going to be staying injury-free
    > long enough to do it on that specific date. Life as an endurance
    > weenie appears to be fraught with injury.

    Ditch the running and focus on the cycling and swimming. You're forty...you
    can be good, happy, and fit without risking injury. Pick another goal, like
    doing a few centuries this year.

    IMO, risking injury at 40, after making obvious progress, is stupid.
    Protect the gains you've made.