Re: mixed meat meatloaf

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Monsur Fromage du Pollet, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. Siobhan Perricone <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I'm going to make a meatloaf of pork and beef mixed. I'm not
    > entirely sure what I'm going to mix in from there, so I thought I'd
    > ask you what you would put into such a meatloaf.
    >
    > I was thinking of maybe working some goat cheese into this
    > somewhere, too.
    >
    > --
    > Siobhan Perricone
    > "I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
    > I ain't afraid of your Allah
    > I ain't afraid of your Jesus
    > I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
    > - Holly Near

    I use just the 2 meats for meatloaf fairly often.

    I add to a lb of ground beef and a lb of ground pork a tube of crushed
    soda crackers, a pkg of onion soup powder, some A1 steak sauce, dry
    mustard, a couple eggs, and maybe some sliced mushrooms or some diced
    cheddar cheese, some garlic, worechester sauce and salt and pepper to
    taste. I have a wild rice Meatloaf recipe here somewhere, I've been
    meaning to make...but went low carb so that's on the back burner.

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
    Continuing to be Manitoban

    Tags:

  2. Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:

    > Siobhan Perricone <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > I'm going to make a meatloaf of pork and beef mixed. I'm not
    > > entirely sure what I'm going to mix in from there, so I thought I'd
    > > ask you what you would put into such a meatloaf.
    > >
    > > I was thinking of maybe working some goat cheese into this
    > > somewhere, too.

    > >I use just the 2 meats for meatloaf fairly often.

    > I have a wild rice Meatloaf recipe here somewhere, I've been
    > meaning to make...but went low carb so that's on the back burner.

    Cooked rice in a meat loaf is very nice, i use it when i make me mum's
    version of boiled meat loaf. Otherwise i use wheat bran as an extender,
    not only is it very good for one, but i like the flavour it adds to the
    loaf. Never thought of using "wild rice" but i will try next time i
    boil a loaf, i do like the "wild rice."
    ---
    JL

  3. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
    > Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    >
    >> Siobhan Perricone <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >>> I'm going to make a meatloaf of pork and beef mixed. I'm not
    >>> entirely sure what I'm going to mix in from there, so I thought I'd
    >>> ask you what you would put into such a meatloaf.
    >>>
    >>> I was thinking of maybe working some goat cheese into this
    >>> somewhere, too.

    >>> I use just the 2 meats for meatloaf fairly often.

    >> I have a wild rice Meatloaf recipe here somewhere, I've been
    >> meaning to make...but went low carb so that's on the back burner.

    > Cooked rice in a meat loaf is very nice, i use it when i make me mum's
    > version of boiled meat loaf.
    > ---
    > JL

    I'm not questioning your mother, but *boiled* meatloaf? Never heard of such
    a thing.

    Jill

  4. jmcquown wrote:

    > Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
    > > Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
    > >
    > >> Siobhan Perricone <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> news:[email protected]:

    > I'd

    > >> I have a wild rice Meatloaf recipe here somewhere, I've been
    > >> meaning to make...but went low carb so that's on the back burner.

    > > Cooked rice in a meat loaf is very nice, i use it when i make me

    > mum's
    > > version of boiled meat loaf.
    > > ---
    > > JL

    > I'm not questioning your mother, but *boiled* meatloaf? Never heard
    > of such
    > a thing.
    >
    > Jill

    A google group search of joseph+littleshoes+meatloaf will pull up a
    rather extended commentary on the subject posted to alt.cooking-chat a
    year or so ago.

    It's not as uncommon as i also thought. And a variation has the meat
    loaf mix wrapped up in blanched cabbage leaves before being en - meshed
    in cheese cloth and set to simmer for an hour or so, the French would
    immerse & simmer it in veal stock. Try joseph+littleshoe+sou - fassum
    provencal for the Escoffier version of "boiled meat loaf".
    ---
    J (recipie on request) L

  5. On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:06:32 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> Cooked rice in a meat loaf is very nice, i use it when i make me mum's
    >> version of boiled meat loaf.

    >I'm not questioning your mother, but *boiled* meatloaf? Never heard of such
    >a thing.

    Mebbe it's like those wacky British boiled puds. :)

    --

  6. Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

    > jmcquown wrote:
    >
    > > Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
    > > > Cooked rice in a meat loaf is very nice, i use it when i make me

    > > mum's
    > > > version of boiled meat loaf.
    > > > ---
    > > > JL

    > > I'm not questioning your mother, but *boiled* meatloaf? Never heard

    > > of such
    > > a thing.
    > >
    > > Jill

    > A google group search of joseph+littleshoes+meatloY- will pull up a
    > rather extended commentary on the subject posted to alt.cooking-chat a
    >
    > year or so ago.
    >
    > It's not as uncommon as i also thought. And a variation has the meat
    > loaf mix wrapped up in blanched cabbage leaves before being en -
    > meshed
    > in cheese cloth and set to simmer for an hour or so, the French would
    > immerse & simmer it in veal stock. Try joseph+littleshoe+sog- - fassum
    >
    > provencal for the Escoffier version of "boiled meat loaf".
    > ---
    > J (recipie on request) L

    Most peculiar, my verion shows all sorts of weird symbols where
    littleshoes should be.
    ---
    Joseph Littleshoes

    --