Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin

Jan

Guest
>Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
>From: [email protected]63929 (Ilsa9)
>Date: 7/29/2003 5:43 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>>>Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
>>>From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
>>>Date: 7/28/2003 8:54 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>>
>>>I was going to say something like "show a bit of common sense, Jan", but
>>>never mind. PB has said it all.
>>>
>>>Peter Moran

>>My common sense is NOT the issue.

>Certainly not! Like the alleged conspiracy between the prosecutor and the
>excellent witness, Baratz, it is Non-Existent.

http://www.quackpotwatch.org/opinionpieces/wisconsin_legislature.htm

WISCONSIN LEGISLATURE

P.O. Box 7882 Madison, WI 53707-7882

July 16, 2003
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

For more information, contact:

Rep. Sheryl Albers 608-266-853

Sen. Dale Schultz 608-266-0703

Schultz, Albers Blast Chelation Therapy Witch Hunt

State Agency Spends $50,000 On “Expert” Witness With Suspect Background

State Capitol – Sen. Dale Schultz (R – Richland Center) and Rep. Sheryl
Albers (R – Reedsburg) questioned today the legitimacy of a disciplinary
process underway against a state doctor using alternative therapies to treat
patients.

The Department of Regulation and Licensing (DRL) is currently in the middle of
disciplinary proceeding against Dr. Eleazar Kadile, in part for using chelation
therapy as an alternative treatment for patients with heart disease. Similar
arguments have been levied at LaValle resident Dr. Robert Waters, who runs the
Waters Preventative Medicine Center in Wisconsin Dells.

“We have constituents who swear by this treatment. If they feel better as a
result of it, who are we to take that from them?” said Schultz. “When it
comes to health care, individuals should make these decisions, not overzealous
paper-pushers.”

Much of the attention surrounds the state’s expert witness, Dr. Robert
Baratz. Baratz runs the National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF), a
non-profit organization based near Boston, Massachusetts. However, many
individuals have questioned his professional credibility. He has been accused
of padding his resume as an expert in alternative medicine so that he can
collect fees for testifying before licensing and review boards. To date,
Baratz has received $48,806 in state funds for his services. According to
Christopher Klein, DRL Executive Assistant, Baratz has dropped off an
additional stack of invoices to cover his fees for this appearance. However,
it is unclear as to what further payments Baratz will receive from the state.

According to the NCAHF’s 2001 tax return, the non-profit organization
reported just $17,967 in contributions, including $13,000 from one individual.
“No matter how big or grand it tries to appear on paper, this organization is
hardly a major player in the medical field,” Albers said.

“As taxpayers, we are outraged that a person with such a questionable record
has soaked us to the tune of $50,000,” Schultz added. “We’re paying
$50,000 to fly in some character from Boston who has entire websites devoted to
questioning his expertise. Sounds to me like a bad investment of our tax
dollars.”

At the request of Dr. Robert Waters, Schultz and Albers have introduced
identical bills in the Senate and Assembly to allow physicians who practice
chelation therapy to do so without aggressive bureaucrats attacking their
credibility. “Dale and I are both aware that studies are still being done as
to the effectiveness of chelation therapy for some conditions,” Albers said.
“The FDA licenses chelation therapy for treating lead toxicity. Dr. Waters
provides chelation therapy as one option for his patients and properly informs
them of the potential risks. If people want to spend their hard-earned money
on this treatment, why shouldn’t they be able to?”

Jan

Ilsa9

Guest
>>Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
>>From: [email protected]63929 (Ilsa9)
>>Date: 7/29/2003 5:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

>but

>>>My common sense is NOT the issue.

>>Certainly not! Like the alleged conspiracy between the prosecutor and the
>>excellent witness, Baratz, it is Non-Existent.

>http://www.quackpotwatch.org/opinionpieces/wisconsin_legislature.htm

Jan's integrity, like her Mercury Amalgam poisoning, exists only in her
delusions. Jan has repeatedly claimed to killfile me, yet here again, she
replies directly to me. Perhaps it is Satan that has control over Jan. Why
else would she lack the self-control, intellectual honesty, or integrity to
keep her word?

Peter Bowditch

Guest
[email protected]63929 (Ilsa9) wrote:

>>>Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
>>>From: [email protected]63929 (Ilsa9)
>>>Date: 7/29/2003 5:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

>>but

>>>Certainly not! Like the alleged conspiracy between the prosecutor and the
>>>excellent witness, Baratz, it is Non-Existent.

>>http://www.quackpotwatch.org/opinionpieces/wisconsin_legislature.htm
>>

>Jan's integrity, like her Mercury Amalgam poisoning, exists only in her
>delusions. Jan has repeatedly claimed to killfile me, yet here again, she
>replies directly to me. Perhaps it is Satan that has control over Jan. Why
>else would she lack the self-control, intellectual honesty, or integrity to
>keep her word?

And yet again, her only response was to post a complete, unedited
version of the original pack o'lies, straight from Bolen's web site.
Isn't it strange that she needs to quote Bolen in full (and
repeatedly) but I only rate half a percent?

--
Peter Bowditch [email protected]
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight

WB

Guest
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:26:56 GMT, Peter Bowditch <[email protected]>
wrote:

>And yet again, her only response was to post a complete, unedited
>version of the original pack o'lies, straight from Bolen's web site.
>Isn't it strange that she needs to quote Bolen in full (and
>repeatedly) but I only rate half a percent?

Maybe she can't stand that much truth in her posts.

D. C. Sessions

Guest
In <[email protected]>, Peter Bowditch wrote:

> And yet again, her only response was to post a complete, unedited
> version of the original pack o'lies, straight from Bolen's web site.
> Isn't it strange that she needs to quote Bolen in full (and
> repeatedly) but I only rate half a percent?

<[email protected]>

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |

Jan

Guest

From: Jan ([email protected])
Subject: Re: I do believe there are anti Christian bigots on this board.
Original Format
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

***Date: 2003-07-28 20:38:09 PST ***

<snip>

>You need to learn how to quote and attribute correctly.

Tell you what, kiss off, as your buddies do it all the time.

I may just take them all out of my killfile and show you this is complete
nonsense and something to groan about.

===========================

But, not to worry, all of you are going back in after today, all you do in pat
one another on the back, use filthy language and

LIE LIE LIE.

I have better things to do with my time.

Jan

Rich Shewmaker

Guest
--

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> LIE LIE LIE.
>
> Jan

< Sound of bells ringing and a stage band playing Stars and Stripes Forever

$ KaChing!!! $100

Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!

Congratulations, Jan, for your support of skeptical enlightenment in a world
of quackery.

The August count starts soon.

;o) Rich

Orac

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote:

> --
>
> "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>

> > LIE LIE LIE.
> >
> > Jan
> >

> < Sound of bells ringing and a stage band playing Stars and Stripes Forever
> >

> $ KaChing!!! $100
>
> Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!
>
> Congratulations, Jan, for your support of skeptical enlightenment in a world
> of quackery.
>
> The August count starts soon.

I'm surprised it took Jan nearly 30 days to reach the maximum. I figured
she'd reach it sometime in the middle of the month.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
| inconvenience me with questions?"

Ilsa9

Guest

>--
>
>"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>

>> LIE LIE LIE.
>>
>> Jan
>>

>< Sound of bells ringing and a stage band playing Stars and Stripes Forever
>>

>$ KaChing!!! $100
>
>Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!
>
>Congratulations, Jan, for your support of skeptical enlightenment in a world
>of quackery.
>
>The August count starts soon.
>
>;o) Rich

I'm going to match your donation to Quackwatch. No offense to Peter, I just
prefer to do my charity work a bit closer to home. Besides, Jan seems
determined to send tens of millions of dollars your way.

Tsu Dho Nimh

Guest
"Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote:

>$ KaChing!!! $100
>
>Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!

I'm glad you put an upper limit on that.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both