Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Jan, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
    >From: [email protected]63929 (Ilsa9)
    >Date: 7/29/2003 5:43 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >>>Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
    >>>From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
    >>>Date: 7/28/2003 8:54 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>>
    >>>I was going to say something like "show a bit of common sense, Jan", but
    >>>never mind. PB has said it all.
    >>>
    >>>Peter Moran

    >>My common sense is NOT the issue.

    >Certainly not! Like the alleged conspiracy between the prosecutor and the
    >excellent witness, Baratz, it is Non-Existent.

    http://www.quackpotwatch.org/opinionpieces/wisconsin_legislature.htm

    WISCONSIN LEGISLATURE

    P.O. Box 7882 Madison, WI 53707-7882

    July 16, 2003
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

    For more information, contact:

    Rep. Sheryl Albers 608-266-853

    Sen. Dale Schultz 608-266-0703

    Schultz, Albers Blast Chelation Therapy Witch Hunt

    State Agency Spends $50,000 On “Expert” Witness With Suspect Background

    State Capitol – Sen. Dale Schultz (R – Richland Center) and Rep. Sheryl
    Albers (R – Reedsburg) questioned today the legitimacy of a disciplinary
    process underway against a state doctor using alternative therapies to treat
    patients.

    The Department of Regulation and Licensing (DRL) is currently in the middle of
    disciplinary proceeding against Dr. Eleazar Kadile, in part for using chelation
    therapy as an alternative treatment for patients with heart disease. Similar
    arguments have been levied at LaValle resident Dr. Robert Waters, who runs the
    Waters Preventative Medicine Center in Wisconsin Dells.

    “We have constituents who swear by this treatment. If they feel better as a
    result of it, who are we to take that from them?” said Schultz. “When it
    comes to health care, individuals should make these decisions, not overzealous
    paper-pushers.”

    Much of the attention surrounds the state’s expert witness, Dr. Robert
    Baratz. Baratz runs the National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF), a
    non-profit organization based near Boston, Massachusetts. However, many
    individuals have questioned his professional credibility. He has been accused
    of padding his resume as an expert in alternative medicine so that he can
    collect fees for testifying before licensing and review boards. To date,
    Baratz has received $48,806 in state funds for his services. According to
    Christopher Klein, DRL Executive Assistant, Baratz has dropped off an
    additional stack of invoices to cover his fees for this appearance. However,
    it is unclear as to what further payments Baratz will receive from the state.

    According to the NCAHF’s 2001 tax return, the non-profit organization
    reported just $17,967 in contributions, including $13,000 from one individual.
    “No matter how big or grand it tries to appear on paper, this organization is
    hardly a major player in the medical field,” Albers said.

    “As taxpayers, we are outraged that a person with such a questionable record
    has soaked us to the tune of $50,000,” Schultz added. “We’re paying
    $50,000 to fly in some character from Boston who has entire websites devoted to
    questioning his expertise. Sounds to me like a bad investment of our tax
    dollars.”

    At the request of Dr. Robert Waters, Schultz and Albers have introduced
    identical bills in the Senate and Assembly to allow physicians who practice
    chelation therapy to do so without aggressive bureaucrats attacking their
    credibility. “Dale and I are both aware that studies are still being done as
    to the effectiveness of chelation therapy for some conditions,” Albers said.
    “The FDA licenses chelation therapy for treating lead toxicity. Dr. Waters
    provides chelation therapy as one option for his patients and properly informs
    them of the potential risks. If people want to spend their hard-earned money
    on this treatment, why shouldn’t they be able to?”

    Jan

    Tags:

  2. Ilsa9

    Ilsa9 Guest

    >>Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
    >>From: [email protected]63929 (Ilsa9)
    >>Date: 7/29/2003 5:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

    >but

    >>>My common sense is NOT the issue.

    >>Certainly not! Like the alleged conspiracy between the prosecutor and the
    >>excellent witness, Baratz, it is Non-Existent.

    >http://www.quackpotwatch.org/opinionpieces/wisconsin_legislature.htm

    Jan's integrity, like her Mercury Amalgam poisoning, exists only in her
    delusions. Jan has repeatedly claimed to killfile me, yet here again, she
    replies directly to me. Perhaps it is Satan that has control over Jan. Why
    else would she lack the self-control, intellectual honesty, or integrity to
    keep her word?

  3. [email protected]63929 (Ilsa9) wrote:

    >>>Subject: Re: More Happenings in Wisconsin
    >>>From: [email protected]63929 (Ilsa9)
    >>>Date: 7/29/2003 5:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

    >>but

    >>>Certainly not! Like the alleged conspiracy between the prosecutor and the
    >>>excellent witness, Baratz, it is Non-Existent.

    >>http://www.quackpotwatch.org/opinionpieces/wisconsin_legislature.htm
    >>

    >Jan's integrity, like her Mercury Amalgam poisoning, exists only in her
    >delusions. Jan has repeatedly claimed to killfile me, yet here again, she
    >replies directly to me. Perhaps it is Satan that has control over Jan. Why
    >else would she lack the self-control, intellectual honesty, or integrity to
    >keep her word?

    And yet again, her only response was to post a complete, unedited
    version of the original pack o'lies, straight from Bolen's web site.
    Isn't it strange that she needs to quote Bolen in full (and
    repeatedly) but I only rate half a percent?

    --
    Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight

  4. WB

    WB Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:26:56 GMT, Peter Bowditch <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >And yet again, her only response was to post a complete, unedited
    >version of the original pack o'lies, straight from Bolen's web site.
    >Isn't it strange that she needs to quote Bolen in full (and
    >repeatedly) but I only rate half a percent?

    Maybe she can't stand that much truth in her posts.

  5. In <[email protected]>, Peter Bowditch wrote:

    > And yet again, her only response was to post a complete, unedited
    > version of the original pack o'lies, straight from Bolen's web site.
    > Isn't it strange that she needs to quote Bolen in full (and
    > repeatedly) but I only rate half a percent?

    <[email protected]>

    --
    | Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
    | it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |

  6. Jan

    Jan Guest

    From: Jan ([email protected])
    Subject: Re: I do believe there are anti Christian bigots on this board.
    Original Format
    Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

    ***Date: 2003-07-28 20:38:09 PST ***

    <snip>

    >You need to learn how to quote and attribute correctly.

    Tell you what, kiss off, as your buddies do it all the time.

    I may just take them all out of my killfile and show you this is complete
    nonsense and something to groan about.

    ===========================

    But, not to worry, all of you are going back in after today, all you do in pat
    one another on the back, use filthy language and

    LIE LIE LIE.

    I have better things to do with my time.

    Jan

  7. --

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > LIE LIE LIE.
    >
    > Jan

    < Sound of bells ringing and a stage band playing Stars and Stripes Forever

    $ KaChing!!! $100

    Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!

    Congratulations, Jan, for your support of skeptical enlightenment in a world
    of quackery.

    The August count starts soon.

    ;o) Rich

  8. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > --
    >
    > "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    > > LIE LIE LIE.
    > >
    > > Jan
    > >

    > < Sound of bells ringing and a stage band playing Stars and Stripes Forever
    > >

    > $ KaChing!!! $100
    >
    > Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!
    >
    > Congratulations, Jan, for your support of skeptical enlightenment in a world
    > of quackery.
    >
    > The August count starts soon.

    I'm surprised it took Jan nearly 30 days to reach the maximum. I figured
    she'd reach it sometime in the middle of the month.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  9. Ilsa9

    Ilsa9 Guest

    >--
    >
    >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >

    >> LIE LIE LIE.
    >>
    >> Jan
    >>

    >< Sound of bells ringing and a stage band playing Stars and Stripes Forever
    >>

    >$ KaChing!!! $100
    >
    >Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!
    >
    >Congratulations, Jan, for your support of skeptical enlightenment in a world
    >of quackery.
    >
    >The August count starts soon.
    >
    >;o) Rich

    I'm going to match your donation to Quackwatch. No offense to Peter, I just
    prefer to do my charity work a bit closer to home. Besides, Jan seems
    determined to send tens of millions of dollars your way.

  10. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >$ KaChing!!! $100
    >
    >Quackwatch and Ratbags donations both maxed out for the month of July!

    I'm glad you put an upper limit on that.

    Tsu

    --
    To doubt everything or to believe everything
    are two equally convenient solutions; both